i am an apple imac and mac pro tower user but i think the iphone is from a different company then apple. i have been on contract with Bell for 8 months with an i-phone 4 and it has not been a pleasant experience compared to imac and mac pro. i can't download apps because the app store does not recognize my password after having changed it everytime it rejected my password. i'm sure more than 20 times. i do not suffer from short term memory loss, so my passwords have been entered correctly, i'msure, most of the time. when i phoned apple the tell me that a private contractor will restore my password or give me another, for a small one time fee of 99 dollars. regardless of whether the problem is an apple issue i have to pay! To me this is a marketting director's way of squeezing money out of iphone users without disregard for service or etiquette. i will hold off calling it a scam, but being manouvered into a corner to squeeze more money from customers because of a technical problem is a _____!
    04-03-2013 06:21 PM
    i am an apple imac and mac pro tower user but i think the iphone is from a different company then apple. i have been on contract with Bell for 8 months with an i-phone 4 and it has not been a pleasant experience compared to imac and mac pro. i can't download apps because the app store does not recognize my password after having changed it everytime it rejected my password. i'm sure more than 20 times. i do not suffer from short term memory loss, so my passwords have been entered correctly, i'msure, most of the time. when i phoned apple the tell me that a private contractor will restore my password or give me another, for a small one time fee of 99 dollars. regardless of whether the problem is an apple issue i have to pay! To me this is a marketting director's way of squeezing money out of iphone users without disregard for service or etiquette. i will hold off calling it a scam, but being manouvered into a corner to squeeze more money from customers because of a technical problem is a _____!
    First let me say this if I may. You could not have been talking to Apple because they would NEVER tell anybody such a thing about a private contractor will restore your password.

You can start by reading this on how to reset your password on Apples secure site:
    iTunes Store: Retrieving and changing passwords (Apple ID)

You can also read this:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3526487

Lastly Apple has new Password requirements that you may want to look into as well and if all else fails create a new Apple ID and Password with Apples help.

[Moderator Note] Moved to the App Store
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 04-03-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Moved Thread
    04-03-2013 07:40 PM