Anyone have AirPod Pros working with Windows 11 PC?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have AirPods Pros working on a Windows 11 PC? If so, I'd appreciate knowing how you did it!

I recently upgraded my PC and installed Windows 11. The Asus MB has bluetooth and I planned to use my AirPod Pros for both audio and microphone. After trying everything suggested by several YouTube videos, I just doesn't work. Under Settings>Bluetooth & devices, the AirPods show to be paired and to connect. But, under Settings>System>Sound, they are not listed under Output or Input options. Also, under Settings>System>Sound, if I click on Add device, the Airpods don't show up.

Any suggestions on what to try next? (Other than junk my PC and buy a Mac. :laughing:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While waiting on a response, you might want to try posting about this in the Windows Central Forums, just be on the safe side.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I am pleased to report that I have my AirPods Pro working successfully for both audio and microphone!

Through a LOT of experimenting, I came to the conclusion that perhaps the Asus MB bluetooth receiver might be inadequate. Mainly, I discovered that the AirPods were connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, as if they were losing signal. So, I dug out a USB generic bluetooth 5 adapter and plugged it in. I had to disable the Asus/Intel bluetooth and restart to get it to work. With the USB adapter, the AirPods Pro work exactly as they should - they paired immediately, they connect when you put them on, and switch both the audio output and input.

I did have to make one more change to get the microphone to work correctly. There was a lot of cutting out and I read that the presence of a strong wi-fi signal can cause that, so I disabled the wifi in Device Manager and that solved the problem. The microphone works as it should. The only other minor suggestion I would make is to use noise cancelling when using the microphone because it gives a cleaner sound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR