AirPods Pro plays as soon as I open case

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just switched from original AirPods to the pro.
However, the pros are driving me nuts.
I’m in my car and the iPhone is connected to the cars Bluetooth audio. If I just open the case on the AirPods, it switches the audio from my car to the AirPods and I can hear the audio coming out of the AirPods while they are in the case. This obviously shouldn’t work like that.

Any suggestions?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just switched from original AirPods to the pro.
However, the pros are driving me nuts.
I’m in my car and the iPhone is connected to the cars Bluetooth audio. If I just open the case on the AirPods, it switches the audio from my car to the AirPods and I can hear the audio coming out of the AirPods while they are in the case. This obviously shouldn’t work like that.

Any suggestions?

That would be so frustrating! This might be a solution:

Connect your AirPods to the iPhone.
Open Settings.
Tap Bluetooth.
Find your AirPods in the connected devices list and press the small (i) button on the right of the row.
Tap ‘Connect to this iPhone’ setting.
Change the setting from ‘Automatically’ to ‘When Last Connected to This iPhone’.

Source.

I found this same suggestion on a couple of different sites, including Apple Support.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I hate to tell you this, but I'm pretty sure that that is the preferred action.
That doesn’t sound right. My previous AirPods (non pro) didn’t behave like that. Why would anybody want music to play while the AirPods are in the case? That defeats the whole purpose of the in-ear sensor which starts/stops play.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That doesn’t sound right. My previous AirPods (non pro) didn’t behave like that. Why would anybody want music to play while the AirPods are in the case? That defeats the whole purpose of the in-ear sensor which starts/stops play.

I guess I'm not understanding. I travel with my AirPods case in my purse. I never want to use my AirPods in the car, so I never open the case. Didn't you say that this happens when you open the case?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Correct. I wouldn’t normally use it in my car, but regardless, opening the case shouldn’t transfer the sound and especially shouldn’t play in the AirPods while they are still in the case.
I just took the AirPods out of my pocket while I was at a light and inadvertently opened the case which cut the sound from my car and played in the AirPods.
The in ear detection is awful too because you literally cannot handle the AirPods without constantly starting/stopping the audio.

I know how to use AirPods as I have had the original versio since they came out. But this horrible behavior with the pro model just doesn’t seem right.
My guess is that they are defective.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner