Anyone picking up the new and very expensive Airpod max headphones? They seem awesome but the price seems a little extream to me they beat out Bose which is hard to do.
    12-13-2020 01:16 PM
    I wanted to say more than ‘No’, but that would have been a mini thesis in itself.
    No. That’s my final answer.
    aximtreo, joemd60 and Spencerdl like this.
    12-13-2020 01:25 PM
    Anyone picking up the new and very expensive Airpod max headphones? They seem awesome but the price seems a little extream to me they beat out Bose which is hard to do.
    I’m not. The price is far more than I’m willing to pay for headphones, but I’m sure the sound they produce is awesome. As for the ANC, my Bose QC-35 headphones are still top notch in that regard.
    joemd60 and Spencerdl like this.
    12-13-2020 01:57 PM
    What was apple thinking!!!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-13-2020 02:05 PM
    Not me. My Cowin E9 sound great. They may not have as many bells and whistles, but I'm very satisfied with them. It's going to be a small niche for the Airpods Max. Apple must think that because millions pay $1,000 + for an iPhone, they'll pay $600 for headphones. I don't see it.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 12-14-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    aximtreo and joemd60 like this.
    12-13-2020 02:57 PM
    Yeah, 550 isn’t that much and I’m willing to try them. Especially if the mesh/silicone/metal lasts longer than plastic with me.
    joemd60 and tadpoles like this.
    12-13-2020 03:15 PM
    Nope! Sticker shock so I'll pass!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-13-2020 03:16 PM
    For $730 (CAD), it’s a clear no for me.
    I’m just not the target audience for these anyways.
    Spencerdl, aximtreo and joemd60 like this.
    12-13-2020 08:48 PM
    Thats a no for me, dawg. My Bose QC Earbuds sound incredible. I don't need anything better than that.
    Spencerdl and joemd60 like this.
    12-14-2020 03:12 AM
    I have a set of Bose for the last 8 years that need to be replaced so maybe Santa will bring me a pair.
    12-14-2020 11:33 AM
    Sony has done that - Beat Bose - in recent years so the competition is really high.

I have no plans to spend that much but nothing against the product. My sexagenarian ears are not that great, I have a set of the well regarded Sonys, and really good B&W wired headphones. I might think differently with younger ears and not having those can-type plus the AirPods pro.

One other element on my mind. For my last international flight in January I was so pleased with the lack of bulk and travel light aspect with AirPods pro that I would not take the can types traveling again.

Enjoy to all who plan to get them.
    tadpoles and Spencerdl like this.
    12-14-2020 02:23 PM
    No. Apple left out the ability to plug into airplane entertainment systems.

Yamaha has new ANC headphones coming out this month, they are $200 less, they have audio in, and they will probably have excellent sound. No brainer.

Still using the Lightning cable.
    12-14-2020 04:11 PM
    Nope. I paid $160 for Beats Solo Pro (normally $300) at Best Buy and I still think I paid too much for them.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-14-2020 04:15 PM
    These will be only for those that don't mind spending that much money on headphones. You can see how they sold out already apple didn't make a lot of them.
    12-19-2020 07:58 AM
    No. Apple left out the ability to plug into airplane entertainment systems.

Yamaha has new ANC headphones coming out this month, they are $200 less, they have audio in, and they will probably have excellent sound. No brainer.

Still using the Lightning cable.
    You can still get that cable if you want.

12-19-2020 08:16 AM
    I was originally a no. But, I found out I qualified for my company’s year end safety bonus. Since everything is either paid off or 3 months ahead, I figured why not. Reviews I have seen on YouTube seem awfully positive. I pick them up tomorrow morning.
    Just_Me_D and joemd60 like this.
    12-23-2020 08:16 PM
    I was originally a no. But, I found out I qualified for my company’s year end safety bonus. Since everything is either paid off or 3 months ahead, I figured why not. Reviews I have seen on YouTube seem awfully positive. I pick them up tomorrow morning.
    Give us a review! Are they worth $200 more than the Sony and Bose?
    12-25-2020 08:18 AM
    Give us a review! Are they worth $200 more than the Sony and Bose?
    Short answer, maybe. The nice thing about them is even though they are $200 more, they feel quality. The materials used in the build, and the build itself is premium all the way. IMO, that’s probably why the price is set where it is. They are definitely heavier than my Sony XM3s. But, when they are on your head, you don’t notice it. I watched 2 movies yesterday back to back, and never felt the need to take them off because of weight or my ears getting warm.

ANC and transparency mode are good. Sound quality is good. But, if you are a bass head, you probably should pass. It doesn’t have the extra punch.

Ability to switch between devices in your chain is nice.

Best answer I can give is, if money isn’t a concern for you, and you’re considering them, get them. You won’t be disappointed. If you’re absolutely repulsed at the price, pass. Nothing about them will redeem them in your mind from the price.
    12-25-2020 08:42 AM
    Not even slightly ! out of curiosity I had a look at a couple(or three) articles about this all of which said that wireless head phones are way less capable of producing decent sound than wired. So there you are.
    12-25-2020 08:53 AM
    You can still get that cable if you want.

[IMG=830x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201219/93f84c9456c7c3e7eabddc63bfc6dc62.jpg[/url]
    Tech specs for AirPod Max list only BlueTooth connectivity.

When you check compatible devices for the adapter, only sources are listed (iPhone, iPod ...) so it appears to be only an output device, not an input.

I’ve been extremely happy with Bose and Yamaha in the past, and I think I am going to try out the new Yamaha headphones when they become available.
    12-25-2020 06:22 PM

When you check compatible devices for the adapter, only sources are listed (iPhone, iPod ...) so it appears to be only an output device, not an input.

I’ve been extremely happy with Bose and Yamaha in the past, and I think I am going to try out the new Yamaha headphones when they become available.
    Oh, thanks for the clarification!
    12-25-2020 07:35 PM
    Not even slightly ! out of curiosity I had a look at a couple(or three) articles about this all of which said that wireless head phones are way less capable of producing decent sound than wired. So there you are.
    I tested this with my Cowin E9 Headphones, which can go either way. They sounded just as great wireless as they did wired. I detected no difference. When wired, I have to carry my iPhone around with me while doing chores, and have the wire to contend with. I'm more free wireless.
    12-26-2020 10:39 AM

The Apple cable in the photo is bi-directional. It is designed to work with the Apple Air Pod Max headphones.Airpod max-img_0526.jpg
    12-26-2020 12:43 PM
    I tested this with my Cowin E9 Headphones, which can go either way. They sounded just as great wireless as they did wired. I detected no difference. When wired, I have to carry my iPhone around with me while doing chores, and have the wire to contend with. I'm more free wireless.
    This does of course depend on the sound produced by a set of headphones in the first place !!
    12-30-2020 07:53 AM
    Just picked up the beats pro which was on sale for $149 and won't look back awesome ear pods.
    01-05-2021 09:59 PM
27 12