Airpod max

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone picking up the new and very expensive Airpod max headphones? They seem awesome but the price seems a little extream to me they beat out Bose which is hard to do.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to say more than ‘No’, but that would have been a mini thesis in itself.
No. That’s my final answer.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone picking up the new and very expensive Airpod max headphones? They seem awesome but the price seems a little extream to me they beat out Bose which is hard to do.

I’m not. The price is far more than I’m willing to pay for headphones, but I’m sure the sound they produce is awesome. As for the ANC, my Bose QC-35 headphones are still top notch in that regard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not me. My Cowin E9 sound great. They may not have as many bells and whistles, but I'm very satisfied with them. It's going to be a small niche for the Airpods Max. Apple must think that because millions pay $1,000 + for an iPhone, they'll pay $600 for headphones. I don't see it.

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Sony has done that - Beat Bose - in recent years so the competition is really high.

I have no plans to spend that much but nothing against the product. My sexagenarian ears are not that great, I have a set of the well regarded Sonys, and really good B&W wired headphones. I might think differently with younger ears and not having those can-type plus the AirPods pro.

One other element on my mind. For my last international flight in January I was so pleased with the lack of bulk and travel light aspect with AirPods pro that I would not take the can types traveling again.

Enjoy to all who plan to get them.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
No. Apple left out the ability to plug into airplane entertainment systems.

Yamaha has new ANC headphones coming out this month, they are $200 less, they have audio in, and they will probably have excellent sound. No brainer.

Still using the Lightning cable. :no:

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
These will be only for those that don't mind spending that much money on headphones. You can see how they sold out already apple didn't make a lot of them.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
No. Apple left out the ability to plug into airplane entertainment systems.

Yamaha has new ANC headphones coming out this month, they are $200 less, they have audio in, and they will probably have excellent sound. No brainer.

Still using the Lightning cable. :no:

You can still get that cable if you want.

93f84c9456c7c3e7eabddc63bfc6dc62.jpg

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I was originally a no. But, I found out I qualified for my company’s year end safety bonus. Since everything is either paid off or 3 months ahead, I figured why not. Reviews I have seen on YouTube seem awfully positive. I pick them up tomorrow morning.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was originally a no. But, I found out I qualified for my company’s year end safety bonus. Since everything is either paid off or 3 months ahead, I figured why not. Reviews I have seen on YouTube seem awfully positive. I pick them up tomorrow morning.

Give us a review! Are they worth $200 more than the Sony and Bose?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Give us a review! Are they worth $200 more than the Sony and Bose?

Short answer, maybe. The nice thing about them is even though they are $200 more, they feel quality. The materials used in the build, and the build itself is premium all the way. IMO, that’s probably why the price is set where it is. They are definitely heavier than my Sony XM3s. But, when they are on your head, you don’t notice it. I watched 2 movies yesterday back to back, and never felt the need to take them off because of weight or my ears getting warm.

ANC and transparency mode are good. Sound quality is good. But, if you are a bass head, you probably should pass. It doesn’t have the extra punch.

Ability to switch between devices in your chain is nice.

Best answer I can give is, if money isn’t a concern for you, and you’re considering them, get them. You won’t be disappointed. If you’re absolutely repulsed at the price, pass. Nothing about them will redeem them in your mind from the price.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Not even slightly ! out of curiosity I had a look at a couple(or three) articles about this all of which said that wireless head phones are way less capable of producing decent sound than wired. So there you are.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You can still get that cable if you want.

93f84c9456c7c3e7eabddc63bfc6dc62.jpg

Tech specs for AirPod Max list only BlueTooth connectivity.

When you check compatible devices for the adapter, only sources are listed (iPhone, iPod ...) so it appears to be only an output device, not an input.

I’ve been extremely happy with Bose and Yamaha in the past, and I think I am going to try out the new Yamaha headphones when they become available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro