AirPod Pro issues

DaveW77

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
Have had my Pro’s since late September. Had initial issues getting them connected to my iPhone XS Max while still on iOS 13. But eventually got them to work. But ever since updating to iOS 14 they won’t work with my iPhone. They show connected under Bluetooth settings but when I put them in my ear the headphones icon won’t appear in the control center.

Also not getting the firmware information under Bluetooth settings like in the one article. I bought them from someone locally via Facebook not through Apple. The box has a label on it saying Apple International out of Ireland not sure if that means anything or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain the AirPod Pros are genuine because the AirPod Pro connects to your Apple products quickly and almost effortlessly.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Like I said in my OP it won’t show me a firmware version under Bluetooth settings on my iPhone. Is there another way to check?

With Your device information under Bluetooth, there should be Model Name, Model Number, Serial Number, and Version.

You should also be able to select Automatic Ear Detection, and select Connect to this Phone Automatically.

You should also be able to select which microphone to use: Left, Right or Automatic.

Usually knock-offs are just Bluetooth audio without any advanced features of the AirPods Pro.

Your model and serial numbers along with firmware for your AirPods Pro should also display under settings>general>about.

DaveW77

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
With Your device information under Bluetooth, there should be Model Name, Model Number, Serial Number, and Version.

You should also be able to select Automatic Ear Detection, and select Connect to this Phone Automatically.

You should also be able to select which microphone to use: Left, Right or Automatic.

Usually knock-offs are just Bluetooth audio without any advanced features of the AirPods Pro.

Your model and serial numbers along with firmware for your AirPods Pro should also display under settings>general>about.

Well when I look under Bluetooth settings I don’t get the

Model name
Model number
Serial number or
Version number

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2