Can't get Airpods Pro to update

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been on iOS 14 for two weeks, and my Airpods Pro haven't updated. I've tried all the things I can find online: restart phone, unpair/reset/repair, leaving in the case plugged in with cover open, same with cover closed. Still nothing. Anyone have anything else I could try?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
From the linked article:

How do you update the firmware on your AirPods or AirPods Pro? You can't!

However:

But Apple won't just install the firmware update willy-nilly (if your AirPods died mid-update it could cause all sorts of problems); you'll need to make sure of the following:

*Your AirPods must be in the charging case.
*The charging case must be plugged in and charging.
*An iOS device that's been connected to your AirPods must be nearby.

Once all of those conditions are met, the firmware update should automatically begin at some point (yeah, it's that vague).

Now, while you can't trigger a firmware update with a button press or tap, you can check what firmware version your AirPods are running and view some other interesting information about the wireless earbuds. Here's how!

So the bottom line is, you're going to have to be patient and wait for it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Is it normal to take weeks for it to occur?

"Normal" doesn't mean what it used to.

I really don't know what normal is. When I first got my Pro's, they were on the old firmware. then I looked and they were on the new firmware. It was several months after I got them before I noticed the new firmware so yes, it may take a while.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When I got my AirPods Pro, there was an issue with a firmware update, that Apple recalled. Of course, it took me a while to understand it all, and I kept looking for updates (here and on Reddit). A new update was finally released, and I followed the steps in the article, and it worked for me. And the funny thing is, when the latest update was released, I didn't even realize it! It wasn't until I read about it here on the iMore forums. Immediately, I grabbed my 'Pros, and connected them to my iPhone, and checked. And I was happy to see that they had updated!

Why it's taking so long for yours to update is perplexing, but as @Lee_Bo said: "Normal doesn't mean what it used to."

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've been on iOS 14 for two weeks, and my Airpods Pro haven't updated. I've tried all the things I can find online: restart phone, unpair/reset/repair, leaving in the case plugged in with cover open, same with cover closed. Still nothing. Anyone have anything else I could try?

I kept them inside the case (closed) while it was charging and put my iPhone to charge at the same time in the vicinity. After an hour I took the AirPods out of the case and they were updated.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was having the whole Fitness app map issue, HR chart issue, and my music was disappearing from my watch, so I wiped my watch and phone and restored from backup. My AirPods updated within 15 minutes of finishing the restore. Ok I guess.

DaveW77

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
For some reason I’m not getting the same information under Bluetooth settings as described in that article for my Pro’s. So I’m not sure what firmware version they are but they seemed to stop working after I updated to iOS 14. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner