ILounge Warning

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered foam ear tips from iLounge in early April. 2 months later, they still haven’t arrived. These apparently are shipping from China rather than the US, and iLounge keeps making excuses that they have been delayed by the pandemic and won’t refund my purchase price. I really don’t care. A week or two of delay I’d accept. But more than two months is nonsense.

If you purchase anything from iLounge, buyer beware.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if this is the same issue affecting Comply. Their Pro tips were supposed to ship mid-May, then May 31st. My order just updated to "ships by June 15th".

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I received my tips from Comply. Still no sign of the iLounge tips that were ordered on April 3.

The Compy tips aren’t ready for prime time. The tips don’t stay on the AirPods and fall off in the case, or in your ear, or when you are handling the AirPods. The little plastic connector doesn’t snap onto the AirPod like the OEM tips do. They sound better when they do work, but they need to be improved.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I received my tips from Comply. Still no sign of the iLounge tips that were ordered on April 3.

The Compy tips aren’t ready for prime time. The tips don’t stay on the AirPods and fall off in the case, or in your ear, or when you are handling the AirPods. The little plastic connector doesn’t snap onto the AirPod like the OEM tips do. They sound better when they do work, but they need to be improved.

You need to email them. I got an email that they had a faulty batch go out early on and if you received them to email them. I think they listed a specific code on the packaging, but you should email them anyway.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh wait, woops I was mistaken. There was an issue but it was the foam not staying attached to the mounting ring. Sorry about that........
While we have worked to get your order out the door, a quality issue has been identified in a batch of the tips that made it out to a small number of our customers. The issue is that the bond of our foam to the core that snaps to the device may have been faulty in a few packages.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh wait, woops I was mistaken. There was an issue but it was the foam not staying attached to the mounting ring. Sorry about that........

I was going to say! I did e-mail Comply. The tips are just not working out for me. They are constantly becoming unattached from my AirPods and getting stuck in my ear, or falling on the ground. It looks like I’m going back to the OEM Apple tips, unless the iLounge tips make it to me before the AirPod 3s are released.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Let me underscore that the Comply tips are garbage and a complete waste of money. The tips do not snap on to the AirPods like the OEM tips and fall off constantly. I’ve given up. The OEM tips work better.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how iLounge ships, but the issue may be what they call "shipping partners". Ordered headphones from Amazon. They shipped. Never came. They just disappeared. Amazon made good and shipped more. Ordered a mattress and box springs from Wayfair. They shipped. Disappeared. Waiting now for 2nd shipment. Originally ordered May 23rd. Now says delivery on or before July 14th.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how iLounge ships, but the issue may be what they call "shipping partners". Ordered headphones from Amazon. They shipped. Never came. They just disappeared. Amazon made good and shipped more. Ordered a mattress and box springs from Wayfair. They shipped. Disappeared. Waiting now for 2nd shipment. Originally ordered May 23rd. Now says delivery on or before July 14th.

They’ve been in transit since April 9. Granted the pandemic likely delayed shipping from China, but this is a bit much.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2