A great tool for cleaning your AirPods

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Even before I received my AirPods Pro in January, I was aware that keeping them clean was essential to sound quality. I have been with my nieces when they went to our local Apple Store for Genius Bar appointments because the couldn’t hear out of one of the Air Pods. The reason was always the same- the needed cleaning! The “Genius’s” were always careful to reassure my embarrassed teenaged nieces that this was a common occurrence and that it was nothing to be embarrassed about!

So when I saw this article on iMore - I read it hoping for some tips (no pun intended)! Near the bottom of the article, I read about a cleaning brush made by Oxo Good Grips- specifically, it’s called the “OXO Good Grips Electronics Cleaning Brush” and is sold on Amazon for between $5.00 - $6.00. Since the price was so affordable, I immediately ordered one.

I absolutely love it! While I was using it last night, it occurred to me that I out to share m thoughts about it with everyone here on iMore. There is a silicone tip on one end, and a retractable brush on the other end. The end with the silicone tip has a plastic cap that covers it securely. The silicone tip works quite well in gently removing matter from the ear tips. And of course, the brush is soft but works well in brushing unwanted material away.

This tool is also helpful in removing dust from various ports on my iPhone. You could use it on keyboards, cameras, and other electronic devices as well, but I would get a second one for that, and keep the first one for my AirPod Pros and my iPhone and iPad. Needless to say, I highly recommend it.

Oxo Brush.jpg

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Handy little tool

59103e5e53b7298a64143dfa7c91f44d.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members