Airpods not showing up in “Find My” devices.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
As seen in this screenshot. Curious as to why my Airpods Pro are not shown as one of my devices but, my sons are shown

edfb4b1ea42af4b5d681e2dcc7f71279.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Are the AirPods Pro connected to your device when you’re trying to search for them?
Usually they have to show up in there instantly, but apparently something is wrong.
Unpair them and pair them again with your iPhone.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have removed and paired them again with my phone and they do now show up but this seems to be an on going problem. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don’t. Shouldn’t they show up all the time no matter what? A week or so ago I thought I lost them and “Find My” was picking up an inaccurate location for them several miles away when in fact they were in a coat pocket in my house and, them having a dead battery has never been an issue as I always keep them charged. I’ve also had Bluetooth connection problems with my car ever since iOS 13. These all seem to be Bluetooth related issues

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
AirPods (Pro) will, unlike devices with an active data connection, always show the last location when it was still connected to your iPhone. This is for the sheer reason that the AirPods don’t have WiFi or cellular data onboard.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
AirPods (Pro) will, unlike devices with an active data connection, always show the last location when it was still connected to your iPhone. This is for the sheer reason that the AirPods don’t have WiFi or cellular data onboard.

My particular situation was I was out of town with friends for a weekend. I arrived on a Friday night and met them at a restaurant and took my AirPods out of my ears and put them in a coat pocket and zipped it up. When we got to where we were staying I hung that caught up on a hook. Between the visiting with friends and all the activities we did over the course of the weekend I forgot about them until Sunday as I didn’t wear that same coat all weekend so, I thought the airpods were lost and the last location it had for them was the restaurant from Friday night several miles away. I went there and checked and obviously didn’t find them. That fact that they weren’t detected inside the same house I was checking for them leads me to believe there are ongoing Bluetooth connection issues even after removing and reconnecting them multiple times and all the recent iOS updates

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My particular situation was I was out of town with friends for a weekend. I arrived on a Friday night and met them at a restaurant and took my AirPods out of my ears and put them in a coat pocket and zipped it up. When we got to where we were staying I hung that caught up on a hook. Between the visiting with friends and all the activities we did over the course of the weekend I forgot about them until Sunday as I didn’t wear that same coat all weekend so, I thought the airpods were lost and the last location it had for them was the restaurant from Friday night several miles away. I went there and checked and obviously didn’t find them. That fact that they weren’t detected inside the same house I was checking for them leads me to believe there are ongoing Bluetooth connection issues even after removing and reconnecting them multiple times and all the recent iOS updates

This, I don’t understand.
If you put the AirPods back in the case, they can’t connect to the iPhone or any other device.
You will at least have to open the lid of the case before you can connect them.
I’m not convinced you really have ongoing connection issues, unless you also have issues while they’re in your ear.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
This, I don’t understand.
If you put the AirPods back in the case, they can’t connect to the iPhone or any other device.
You will at least have to open the lid of the case before you can connect them.
I’m not convinced you really have ongoing connection issues, unless you also have issues while they’re in your ear.

I can’t help but wonder why when checking there location did it send me several miles away when in fact they were inside very same house I was checking from. Seems that would indicate a connection problem. Maybe I’m not understanding the process correctly. Are they not always connected when within range or, does it only show the last connection the last time the lid was opened?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can’t help but wonder why when checking there location did it send me several miles away when in fact they were inside very same house I was checking from. Seems that would indicate a connection problem. Maybe I’m not understanding the process correctly. Are they not always connected when within range or, does it only show the last connection the last time the lid was opened?

They show the last connection when the lid was opened or when you last had the AirPods in your ears.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
They show the last connection when the lid was opened or when you last had the AirPods in your ears.

Although I’m thankful I didn’t lose them the “find my” feature in my particular case was not very helpful.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods