AirPods Pro losing response to controls. Am I alone?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My AirPods pro will stop responding to touch control for transparency or NC on and off well before battery power is low, and at times lose response to all the buttons. Placing them back in the case fixes it but again, this is way before low battery might be a reason for a reliability or performance issue.

I did a phone restart after my phone had travelled between countries and not been off but that did not stop the problem from happening as the day went on.

My use pattern with the Pros and my originals includes work days with a lot of telephone conversations and a lot of turning audio on and off but my original AirPods had and have that without losing response this way. This happens enough to where I'll create a case with Apple and hope a software fix comes.

When this occurs it is for both pods thus my wondering about software vs bad hardware. Someone pointed out I do have a lot of switching between phone, music and podcasts but that same use hasn't been an issue with my original AirPods.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have never experienced this. My AirPods pro have also never come close to being out of battery, though.

Maybe submit a but report of some sort to Apple?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have never experienced this. My AirPods pro have also never come close to being out of battery, though.

Maybe submit a but report of some sort to Apple?

There is always 20% to 60% of charge left when this occurs. It did not yet happen after re-pairing but I've also not had the switches between audio sources that seem to make it happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro