I've decided the Pros are keepers after some more time, an international trip, differing use situations, and use in both cold winter and tropical environments.

I do still wonder if another software update is needed. After hours of use with charge left they will work but not always switch between transparency and NC mode without going back in and out of the case.

The sum-total of what they do and convenience are why I'm keeping them. I have very good noise cancelling and sound quality in a convenient package. The transparency mode to NC fast switching is really special. You're in or out of your surroundings. Your sound track of life can be what you stream only or be your surroundings with a music sound track added. You get the new feature set with something still very good if you participate in lots of old fashioned phone calls.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-05-2020 08:22 AM
    This is basically in line with how I feel. I’m sure they’ll get an update eventually.
    Annie_8plus and iwoodland like this.
    01-05-2020 09:09 AM
    After hours of use with charge left they will work but not always switch between transparency and NC mode without going back in and out of the case.
    I'm not having this particular problem with my AirPods Pro. They switch when I switch them.
    01-07-2020 07:58 AM