Unexpected hearing aids?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I got AirPods Pro and while not sure on what to keep or get - more Sony cans, the beats on sale - noticed something unexpected. With tinnitus and some hearing lost and transparency on I heard some things better with them on than off. Especially not having to look at people.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. With that being said, are you still hearing better with the AirPod Pros?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing @imwjl I'm in a similar situation.

Maybe "Live Listen" is also at play when you can hear better in Transparency Mode? I'm wondering if the Active Noise Cancellation is somehow cancelling out the tinnitus sounds?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209082

Nothing changes the tinnitus. The app for the wonderful Sony headphones is much better than the Apple Music EQ setting to help with hearing loss. My daughter and I compared the original AirPods, Pro, beats Studio 3 wireless and Sony 900s at the kitchen table. I decided AirPods Pro are keepers and agreed with all the reviews that price the top model Sony headphones.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. With that being said, are you still hearing better with the AirPod Pros?

I certainly hear any content from phone better but will not generally consider the Pros hearing aids. I figured out they're picking up treble and subtle sound while not looking right at the source.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73