AirPods Pro: First Impressions

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do they make your ears ache like the air pods 1 & 2 did after a short amount of time in?

From the look of them, I would say they look more comfortable however everyones ears and feelings are different. The original version (1&2) don't make my ears ache after a short or long period of time.

Give them a try, if you don't like them, return them.

jonny247

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
From the look of them, I would say they look more comfortable however everyones ears and feelings are different. The original version (1&2) don't make my ears ache after a short or long period of time.

Give them a try, if you don't like them, return them.

Apple will not let you return them here in the uk after you have opened the box because of hygiene reasons might be the same everywhere thats why they will not let you try them in your ears in a store

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple will not let you return them here in the uk after you have opened the box because of hygiene reasons

Really?...Oh OK. I recommend the AirPods Pro and in order to get the full experience from them, they have to be in your ears.

Last edited:

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Got my AirPods Pro today. They are really nice, but I also liked the other ones too. I only had them in my ears a short time just to set them up and test them. Not sure how they’re going to work in my ears though. I hope they don’t hurt after a while.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Got my AirPods Pro today. They are really nice, but I also liked the other ones too. I only had them in my ears a short time just to set them up and test them. Not sure how they’re going to work in my ears though. I hope they don’t hurt after a while.

ConGrats. Enjoy

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

That's exciting! I'm hoping to get them for Christmas. I'll be interested to hear how you like them!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
That's exciting! I'm hoping to get them for Christmas. I'll be interested to hear how you like them!

Same here, I have BeatsX right now which are pretty nice cause they have the same chip as the 1st gen airpods but they don't fall out on me. With the Pro's having the tips though I'd really like to upgrade. Especially since Comply said they're working on memory foam tips for them.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just jumped on the bandwagon and received mine yesterday (don’t worry hubby, I’ve got this! )

Anyway, I’ve never liked/used Apples earbuds. Ever! They have always hurt my ears almost immediately. Knowing I could take these back if the same thing happened, I’m pleased to report that (for me) they are VERY comfortable. Had to put the smallest tips on so they’d stay in and stay in they did. I totally get the whole earbud thing now!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just jumped on the bandwagon and received mine yesterday (don’t worry hubby, I’ve got this! )

Anyway, I’ve never liked/used Apples earbuds. Ever! They have always hurt my ears almost immediately. Knowing I could take these back if the same thing happened, I’m pleased to report that (for me) they are VERY comfortable. Had to put the smallest tips on so they’d stay in and stay in they did. I totally get the whole earbud thing now!

ConGrats. I'm glad they fit. ENJOY

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine will arrive next week. I mostly want: 1) NC to be on par with my Bose 35, 2) stay in my ears while running, and 3) sound at least as good as my PowerBeats Pros.

Having used mine for nearly a month, I can report the following:

1) The NC is very close (maybe 90%) to my Bose 35, but different. Bose 35s are designed to allow you to hear someone speaking to you. I've always been amazed at how they can shut out most of a jet engine, and still let me hear the flight attendant's question. The AirPod Pros are different. They do not let any speech seep in. I cannot hear a person speaking in a normal volume when I'm wearing them. It's as though they were specifically made to cancel speech frequencies.

2) My Pros stay in my ear, but it took a VERY THOROUGH testing to find the right ear tip. I used small ear tips on my PowerBeats Pro, but need the large with the AirPods. The seal is great and they don't budge during runs or when lifting.

3) The sound quality is definitely better than my PowerBeats Pros and MUCH better than regular AirPods.

In summary, I'm very pleased and highly recommend them.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Too expensive.

That's been in mind but they are not in range of other find products at retail and discounted prices. This morning the Best Buy special on some Studio 3 is down to $180, COSTCO has Sony 900s for $150 but most top buds and cans with are there or more.

My daughter and I lined up Studio 3 Wireless, Sonys, AirPods Pro and my wired B&W that are excellent with two phones and same Apple Music tracks. The Pros sounded good against the Studio 3. The calling function and convenience really stood out.

At the moment they stand out is really convenient way to have super calling characteristics with elements I like in premium noise cancelling headphones. I am weighing that a trip to COSTCO could get AirPods and Sony 900s for about the same price but I tired of carrying over the ear headphones in the past. It's far more acceptable to move around at work with AirPods than cans over your ears.

Such first world problems.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
They never do though!!

They stay compared to my originals but the originals with 3rd party covers are more secure but that's sort of comparing different animals.

At this point I'm thinking of the Pro AirPods as a completely compromise product where compromise is not a put down as compromise can be. You get a mix - sound quality, noise cancellation, good for phone calls, good for exercise - that are not in other bud types and not the bulk of cans type.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They stay compared to my originals but the originals with 3rd party covers are more secure but that's sort of comparing different animals.

At this point I'm thinking of the Pro AirPods as a completely compromise product where compromise is not a put down as compromise can be. You get a mix - sound quality, noise cancellation, good for phone calls, good for exercise - that are not in other bud types and not the bulk of cans type.

For me the Apple AirPods Pro doesn't do one thing great, but does everything very good. It's the entire overall package that makes them "great"...if that makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro