Apple (Quietly) Releases “AirPods Pro”

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was really hoping the AirPods Pro would come in different colors, specifically BLACK. I will probably hold on to my Airpods2 a little longer for now.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping the AirPods Pro would come in different colors, specifically BLACK. I will probably hold on to my Airpods2 a little longer for now.

Agreed - midnight green to match my 11 Pro would have been fire!

I have the original AirPods and will probably end up upgrading to these

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just recently purchased a cellular model Series 5 Watch so I know I won’t be purchasing the AirPod Pro earbuds anytime soon.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm not tempted to upgrade my AirPods 2 yet but I'll be following the reviews to see if they're really worth the Pro name.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I was super excited about the spec and color rumors. Based on current release I’m not interested. If I didn’t have my original AirPods than I could see myself buying the AirPod Pros but I don’t see replacing my AirPods with them.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Ordered this morning, and it's in preparing to ship status so hopefully tomorrow. I only got the gen 2 a month ago at a great price so will give them to my daughter. Hoping these will stay in my left ear when i move around and am keen for the NC as i sold my Bose QC3511.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered for the longer battery life and sweat resistance.

I rarely have my AirPods in while I’m in the office, so I mainly use them for working out and flights/traveling.

Should be a nice upgrade to my gen 1 AirPods that I purchased only a few months after AirPods first came out (at least a couple of years now, right?)

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I have the gen 1 and they are barely usable for me. They just pop out of my ears at the slightest movement.
So I hope the new Pros will fix that - slightly different form, adjustable silicone tips.
I'll buy them if I get confirmation from other people who had the same problem as me with the gen 1/2, that this got improved.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I have the gen 1 and they are barely usable for me. They just pop out of my ears at the slightest movement.
So I hope the new Pros will fix that - slightly different form, adjustable silicone tips.
I'll buy them if I get confirmation from other people who had the same problem as me with the gen 1/2, that this got improved.

That’s my biggest concern with buying wireless headphones. That they will fall out

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I ordered for the longer battery life and sweat resistance.

I rarely have my AirPods in while I’m in the office, so I mainly use them for working out and flights/traveling.

Should be a nice upgrade to my gen 1 AirPods that I purchased only a few months after AirPods first came out (at least a couple of years now, right?)

Battery life is actually worse on the Pros. No explanation given that I understand...also they won’t work with Apple Watch until 6.1 drops (but that’s today I believe).
IMG_8969.JPG

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you think that Apple has put “in ear” tips on these to stop them falling out of 80% of human ears ?

Good question and yes, because most people (80%) who have the 1/2 generation don't realize a slight twist while the AirPod is in the ear makes them fit snug and totally different. Just the other day while I was at the Hawks game I instructed someone on the proper fit and he was amazed at the difference in fit with a slight twist.

f89b9487116768de30d0e1cf159a5510.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro