Are you getting the new Apple Airpods? Why or why not? Are you getting them with the wireless charging case?
    03-20-2019 12:40 PM
    I don't know. I am so tempted, but I don't know if I like how they fit.
    03-20-2019 12:50 PM
    I don't know. I am so tempted, but I don't know if I like how they fit.
    If you have old Apple earbuds, cut off the cord and walk around with it for a while.
    Now imagine that the AirPods (2) fit slightly better .
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-20-2019 02:21 PM
    Yes, I plan on getting the AirPods 2 because my current AirPods battery only last for approx 10 minutes of talk time. I will probably go with the non wireless case.
    Tartarus and ksassy like this.
    03-20-2019 02:56 PM
    Preordered mine today but without the wireless case since I don't care about that option right now. The reason I chose to upgrade is the charging case for my original AirPods isn't holding a charge very well past the 50% threshold, the left AirPod only will no longer charge to 100%, and the overall battery life has greatly diminished due to heavy daily usage. I was already in the market to get a new pair anyway so why not upgrade for the same price as the original. Got my money's worth out of my 21 month old AirPods as I put those things through the ringer daily!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-20-2019 03:02 PM
    Preordered mine today but without the wireless case since I don't care about that option right now. The reason I chose to upgrade is the charging case for my original AirPods isn't holding a charge very well past the 50% threshold, the left AirPod only will no longer charge to 100%, and the overall battery life has greatly diminished due to heavy daily usage. I was already in the market to get a new pair anyway so why not upgrade for the same price as the original. Got my money's worth out of my 21 month old AirPods as I put those things through the ringer daily!!
    Did you get the free engraving on your AirPods case?
    03-20-2019 03:15 PM
    I'm still on the fence about AirPods 2. Yes, my original AirPods battery life diminished drastically, but I might wait until Christmas before buying them.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-20-2019 03:21 PM
    If you have old Apple earbuds, cut off the cord and walk around with it for a while.
    Now imagine that the AirPods (2) fit slightly better .
    That's a great idea! Thank you
    Tartarus likes this.
    03-20-2019 03:21 PM
    Did you get the free engraving on your AirPods case?
    Nah I passed on it! The case is slippery and I really need an AirPods case holder so I think I'll get that instead.
    03-20-2019 03:26 PM
    Nah I passed on it! The case is slippery and I really need an AirPods case holder so I think I'll get that instead.
    Oh okay. But you do know the engraving was free.
    03-20-2019 04:46 PM
    Oh okay. But you do know the engraving was free.
    Yeah I did know but didn’t care about it this go round. Maybe my next purchase of something I’ll get engraving done
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-20-2019 04:51 PM
    Anyone know if they’ve given the AirPods a better “grip,” say, a slightly rougher or more adhesive surface? It was rumored, but I would guess not. None of the silicone sleeves or covers work very well and/or fit into the charging case.
    03-20-2019 08:20 PM
    Anyone know if they’ve given the AirPods a better “grip,” say, a slightly rougher or more adhesive surface? It was rumored, but I would guess not. None of the silicone sleeves or covers work very well and/or fit into the charging case.
    No don't tell me this as I was planning to buy a charging case holder...bummer! Oh well now I wish I would've gotten my new charging case engraved if that's the verdict on the silicone sleeves.
    03-20-2019 09:52 PM
    No don't tell me this as I was planning to buy a charging case holder...bummer! Oh well now I wish I would've gotten my new charging case engraved if that's the verdict on the silicone sleeves.
    If you want the engraving done,
    I would call Apple and see what your options are because the delivery date is still the same as it was this morning.
    ksassy and scruffypig like this.
    03-20-2019 10:25 PM
    I may get a pair at some point, but I’m not in a rush and I don’t foresee me getting a pair until later in the year, unless something happens to my current pair.
    03-20-2019 11:11 PM
    If you want the engraving done,
    I would call Apple and see what your options are because the delivery date is still the same as it was this morning.
    Well, it’s /my/ verdict based on experience with the AirPod 1. There is one set of silicone covers that supposedly will allow you to charge the pods in the case, but the reviews on Amazon say they are difficult to put on and don’t last.

AFAIK, the dimensions of the original pods and the new ones are the same, and their cases are interchangeable.

All I was asking was whether the surface texture of the pods had changed so that they might stay in the ears better. So far, I haven’t heard, but presume that it hasn’t changed.
    03-21-2019 01:08 AM
    I ordered with the wireless case because I got my AirPods on launch date and the battery life is absolutely terrible. I’ve been holding out and ship date is April 2-5 so I’m pretty pumped
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-21-2019 04:14 AM
    Well, it’s /my/ verdict based on experience with the AirPod 1. There is one set of silicone covers that supposedly will allow you to charge the pods in the case, but the reviews on Amazon say they are difficult to put on and don’t last.

AFAIK, the dimensions of the original pods and the new ones are the same, and their cases are interchangeable.

All I was asking was whether the surface texture of the pods had changed so that they might stay in the ears better. So far, I haven’t heard, but presume that it hasn’t changed.
    I appreciate your opinion on the silicone sleeves as yours falls right in line with all the Amazon reviews which don't look very promising. No word about the surface texture of the new AirPods 2 but I'll know next week when I have them in hand and report back. Thanks again!!
    Spencerdl and Annie_8plus like this.
    03-21-2019 06:47 AM
    Ordered as soon as they were up on the site for delivery on launch day next week.
    03-21-2019 09:56 AM
    Yeah, because I need.

No wireless charging case.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-21-2019 05:09 PM
    I ordered on launch day. I was ready to buy the original with a wireless charging case, but after it took so long I changed my mind and decided to also wait until version 2. When they were announced, I confirmed the wireless case still had a lightning port and ordered that morning.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-22-2019 01:25 PM
    Ordered mine with charging case. My current AirPods are losing ability to maintain charge.

I have a charging pad for my phone and can put the AirPods on the pad when the phone isn’t on it.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-22-2019 06:43 PM
    Will the new Airpods 2 last just about two years before the battery is shot like the original Airpods? Will we need to purchase new Airpods every two years or so?
    03-25-2019 03:22 PM
    Will the new Airpods 2 last just about two years before the battery is shot like the original Airpods? Will we need to purchase new Airpods every two years or so?
    Nobody knows at this point.
    03-25-2019 04:50 PM
    As long as Apple hasn’t done something with how their batteries work, 2 year may sound about right for your use case.

You can opt to have only the batteries serviced instead of getting new AirPods every two years, though.
    03-25-2019 05:08 PM
51 123