Apple Airpods Version 2

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I deffo wasn’t going to get them. 1st gen still working, battery not as good as it was and volume doesn’t seem as loud. So didn’t need new ones yet!!!However I appear not to have gotten that memo, as I found myself collecting some at my local Apple store this evening. Siri works great and it might be my imagination but they sound better too.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I deffo wasn’t going to get them. 1st gen still working, battery not as good as it was and volume doesn’t seem as loud. So didn’t need new ones yet!!!However I appear not to have gotten that memo, as I found myself collecting some at my local Apple store this evening. Siri works great and it might be my imagination but they sound better too.

Nope it's not your imagination because I too can tell the sound quality is louder vs my gen 1 AirPods or the old ones have just worn out over time. I'm using my original AirPods as backup for my MacBook Pro and the sound difference is definitely there compared to AirPods 2. I'm reserving my AirPods 2 as my daily driver for running with music, talking, around town, etc. just like my old ones.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope it's not your imagination because I too can tell the sound quality is louder vs my gen 1 AirPods or the old ones have just worn out over time. I'm using my original AirPods as backup for my MacBook Pro and the sound difference is definitely there compared to AirPods 2. I'm reserving my AirPods 2 as my daily driver for running with music, talking, around town, etc. just like my old ones.

EXACTLY this.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Picked mine up at the local Apple Store on Thursday. Seems to be the easiest way to get devices anymore is to just prowl the store website and check availability. I live three miles away from the Domain Apple Store, so that helps.

I echo the sentiments of those who suggested the sound quality is just better. I can't explain it, but it is.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got my AirPods 2 and spend 10 minutes connecting them. I’m not impressed and will be returning them to the Apple Store. They are no different then my AirPods 1. They connect marginally faster, but in all other respects, I don’t see a benefit. The batteries in my AirPods 1s aren’t great anymore, but it’s not worth the cost of an upgrade, and I’ll make due until v. 3 becomes available. Reports are that they’ll be available in September.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got my AirPods 2 and spend 10 minutes connecting the. I’m not impressed and will be returning them to the Apple Store. They are no different then my AirPods 1. They connect marginally faster, but in all other respects, I don’t see a benefit. The batteries in my AirPods 1s aren’t great anymore, but it’s not worth the cost of an upgrade, and I’ll make due until v. 3 becomes available. Reports are that they’ll be available in September.

Really? More like 2 seconds connection (if that) for my AirPods² to all my devices. They are also louder, sound better and battery life has improved as well. These have been my experience with my new AirPods 2nd Gen.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got my AirPods 2 and spend 10 minutes connecting the. I’m not impressed and will be returning them to the Apple Store. They are no different then my AirPods 1. They connect marginally faster, but in all other respects, I don’t see a benefit. The batteries in my AirPods 1s aren’t great anymore, but it’s not worth the cost of an upgrade, and I’ll make due until v. 3 becomes available. Reports are that they’ll be available in September.

I would not expect the next version as soon as September. Yes, there are rumors, but next yea ris much more likely. If you can wait nine months or more, that is fine.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would not expect the next version as soon as September. Yes, there are rumors, but next yea ris much more likely. If you can wait nine months or more, that is fine.

Yes, one can never take "rumors" as Gospel. There's so much spin and speculation out there, and people are really good at being very convincing that they are "in the know".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox