Apple Airpods Version 2

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on launch day. I was ready to buy the original with a wireless charging case, but after it took so long I changed my mind and decided to also wait until version 2. When they were announced, I confirmed the wireless case still had a lightning port and ordered that morning.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine with charging case. My current AirPods are losing ability to maintain charge.

I have a charging pad for my phone and can put the AirPods on the pad when the phone isn’t on it.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Will the new Airpods 2 last just about two years before the battery is shot like the original Airpods? Will we need to purchase new Airpods every two years or so?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Will the new Airpods 2 last just about two years before the battery is shot like the original Airpods? Will we need to purchase new Airpods every two years or so?

As long as Apple hasn’t done something with how their batteries work, 2 year may sound about right for your use case.

You can opt to have only the batteries serviced instead of getting new AirPods every two years, though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You can opt to have only the batteries serviced instead of getting new AirPods every two years, though.

If this was true I would have kept my Gen 1 Airpods. I spoke with Apple concerning this rumor and that's all it was a "rumor"

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If this was true I would have kept my Gen 1 Airpods. I spoke with Apple concerning this rumor and that's all it was a "rumor"

Here is the link: https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service
And here is the screenshot:
3eddce4b4098315e6391525d10a4ba31.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I stand corrected and on top of that I was given wrong info from a Apple Customer Service Rep. I specifically asked about replacing the batteries. I will be calling back and I still have my service call number
Thanks for the info

You’re very welcome sir.
You may send the AirPods² to me, since you won’t be needing them anymore. Oktxhbye

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You’re very welcome sir.
You may send the AirPods² to me, since you won’t be needing them anymore. Oktxhbye

After speaking with the Apple Rep again, there is a reason behind the madness...LOL. It's actually cheaper to purchase a new set rather than have each of the three Airpods components (L, R & case) batteries replaced especially if their out of warranty, which my Gen 1 are.
Thanks for the info anyway Tartarus.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just received info that Apple shipped my new AirPods with wireless case today instead of the original April 2-5 date I got on Pre-Order day. Can’t wait

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So $100 to replace both airpod batteries. Add $60 more and get a brand new set.

Yes, If your AirPods are still under the one year warranty. If they're out of warranty it's $140 for just the AirPods not including the case

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been using my AirPods since they arrived yesterday. I love that the light is on the outside that is huge!! Also, just placing my AirPods on wireless charger is very convenient. My AirPods 1 after a 1hr 40mins commute are around 20%. Today after my commute my AirPods are sitting at 65%. I love battery life on new devices lol

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
All I was asking was whether the surface texture of the pods had changed so that they might stay in the ears better. So far, I haven’t heard, but presume that it hasn’t changed.

Reporting back as promised. I just got my new AirPods 2 delivered today via UPS and now having them in hand I can confirm the surface texture is the exact same at gen 1 so no change at all.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I received mine today, too, and unfortunately you are exactly right about the surface. I wonder if there’s anything to spray the surface with to increase the friction with the ear. That would probably invalidate the warranty and make it impossible to sell, but otherwise the left AirPod just won’t stay in unless I use a hook like this.

3e0ec51ebe2b492b809f3aa5372f0ab8.jpg

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I received mine today, too, and unfortunately you are exactly right about the surface. I wonder if there’s anything to spray the surface with to increase the friction with the ear. That would probably invalidate the warranty and make it impossible to sell, but otherwise the left AirPod just won’t stay in unless I use a hook like this.

3e0ec51ebe2b492b809f3aa5372f0ab8.jpg

Yeah it's unfortunate that the one size fits all AirPods don't work for everyone. I'm sure anything done to alter them would indeed void the warranty. I have small ears so for me they both fit like a glove. I'm a runner who runs daily and thankfully I don't have any fit issues pre or post workout. At least you can you use AirPod hooks to give them a more secure fit all though not ideal I'm sure. Enjoy your new AirPods 2!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR