You can opt to have only the batteries serviced instead of getting new AirPods every two years, though.
    If this was true I would have kept my Gen 1 Airpods. I spoke with Apple concerning this rumor and that's all it was a "rumor"
    03-25-2019 05:18 PM
    If this was true I would have kept my Gen 1 Airpods. I spoke with Apple concerning this rumor and that's all it was a "rumor"
    Here is the link: https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service
    And here is the screenshot:
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-25-2019 06:09 PM
    I stand corrected and on top of that I was given wrong info from a Apple Customer Service Rep. I specifically asked about replacing the batteries. I will be calling back and I still have my service call number
    Thanks for the info
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-25-2019 06:14 PM
    I stand corrected and on top of that I was given wrong info from a Apple Customer Service Rep. I specifically asked about replacing the batteries. I will be calling back and I still have my service call number
    Thanks for the info
    You’re very welcome sir.
    You may send the AirPods² to me, since you won’t be needing them anymore. Oktxhbye
    Spencerdl and Annie_8plus like this.
    03-25-2019 06:16 PM
    You’re very welcome sir.
    You may send the AirPods² to me, since you won’t be needing them anymore. Oktxhbye
    After speaking with the Apple Rep again, there is a reason behind the madness...LOL. It's actually cheaper to purchase a new set rather than have each of the three Airpods components (L, R & case) batteries replaced especially if their out of warranty, which my Gen 1 are.
    Thanks for the info anyway Tartarus.
    ladyc0524 and Tartarus like this.
    03-25-2019 06:53 PM
    Just received info that Apple shipped my new AirPods with wireless case today instead of the original April 2-5 date I got on Pre-Order day. Can’t wait
    Annie_8plus and ksassy like this.
    03-26-2019 08:38 AM
    Just received info that Apple shipped my new AirPods with wireless case today instead of the original April 2-5 date I got on Pre-Order day. Can’t wait
    That is exciting! I am eager to hear how you like them when the arrive.
    03-26-2019 09:33 AM
    That is exciting! I am eager to hear how you like them when the arrive.
    You don’t know how much I’m looking forward to using them. My 1Gs are in bad shape. Barely hold a charge and the case has to be charged every day to day and a half
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-26-2019 10:08 AM
    So $100 to replace both airpod batteries. Add $60 more and get a brand new set.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-26-2019 10:29 AM
    Yeah it’s useless to have both AirPods batteries serviced. Buying a new pair is better in that case.
    03-26-2019 10:48 AM
    Yes, If your AirPods are still under the one year warranty. If they're out of warranty it's $140 for just the AirPods not including the case
    03-26-2019 11:12 AM
    I’ve been using my AirPods since they arrived yesterday. I love that the light is on the outside that is huge!! Also, just placing my AirPods on wireless charger is very convenient. My AirPods 1 after a 1hr 40mins commute are around 20%. Today after my commute my AirPods are sitting at 65%. I love battery life on new devices lol
    Spencerdl and ksassy like this.
    03-27-2019 06:39 AM
    All I was asking was whether the surface texture of the pods had changed so that they might stay in the ears better. So far, I haven’t heard, but presume that it hasn’t changed.
    Reporting back as promised. I just got my new AirPods 2 delivered today via UPS and now having them in hand I can confirm the surface texture is the exact same at gen 1 so no change at all.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-27-2019 05:27 PM
    Thanks. I received mine today, too, and unfortunately you are exactly right about the surface. I wonder if there’s anything to spray the surface with to increase the friction with the ear. That would probably invalidate the warranty and make it impossible to sell, but otherwise the left AirPod just won’t stay in unless I use a hook like this.

03-27-2019 05:58 PM
    Thanks. I received mine today, too, and unfortunately you are exactly right about the surface. I wonder if there’s anything to spray the surface with to increase the friction with the ear. That would probably invalidate the warranty and make it impossible to sell, but otherwise the left AirPod just won’t stay in unless I use a hook like this.

[IMG=1124x1500]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190327/3e0ec51ebe2b492b809f3aa5372f0ab8.jpg[/url]
    Yeah it's unfortunate that the one size fits all AirPods don't work for everyone. I'm sure anything done to alter them would indeed void the warranty. I have small ears so for me they both fit like a glove. I'm a runner who runs daily and thankfully I don't have any fit issues pre or post workout. At least you can you use AirPod hooks to give them a more secure fit all though not ideal I'm sure. Enjoy your new AirPods 2!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-27-2019 06:07 PM
    I deffo wasn’t going to get them. 1st gen still working, battery not as good as it was and volume doesn’t seem as loud. So didn’t need new ones yet!!!However I appear not to have gotten that memo, as I found myself collecting some at my local Apple store this evening. Siri works great and it might be my imagination but they sound better too.
    Spencerdl and ksassy like this.
    03-28-2019 07:08 PM
    I deffo wasn’t going to get them. 1st gen still working, battery not as good as it was and volume doesn’t seem as loud. So didn’t need new ones yet!!!However I appear not to have gotten that memo, as I found myself collecting some at my local Apple store this evening. Siri works great and it might be my imagination but they sound better too.
    Nope it's not your imagination because I too can tell the sound quality is louder vs my gen 1 AirPods or the old ones have just worn out over time. I'm using my original AirPods as backup for my MacBook Pro and the sound difference is definitely there compared to AirPods 2. I'm reserving my AirPods 2 as my daily driver for running with music, talking, around town, etc. just like my old ones.
    Spencerdl and A_M_W like this.
    03-28-2019 08:05 PM
    Nope it's not your imagination because I too can tell the sound quality is louder vs my gen 1 AirPods or the old ones have just worn out over time. I'm using my original AirPods as backup for my MacBook Pro and the sound difference is definitely there compared to AirPods 2. I'm reserving my AirPods 2 as my daily driver for running with music, talking, around town, etc. just like my old ones.

EXACTLY this.
    A_M_W likes this.
    03-28-2019 08:16 PM
    Picked mine up at the local Apple Store on Thursday. Seems to be the easiest way to get devices anymore is to just prowl the store website and check availability. I live three miles away from the Domain Apple Store, so that helps.

I echo the sentiments of those who suggested the sound quality is just better. I can't explain it, but it is.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-31-2019 10:46 AM
    The connection speed is definitely better.
    Spencerdl and Tartarus like this.
    03-31-2019 10:48 AM
    I just got my AirPods 2 and spend 10 minutes connecting them. I’m not impressed and will be returning them to the Apple Store. They are no different then my AirPods 1. They connect marginally faster, but in all other respects, I don’t see a benefit. The batteries in my AirPods 1s aren’t great anymore, but it’s not worth the cost of an upgrade, and I’ll make due until v. 3 becomes available. Reports are that they’ll be available in September.
    Last edited by djg21; 04-03-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    04-02-2019 06:56 PM
    They connect marginally faster
    You're being kind, actually. They seem to connect at exactly the same rate as my old first-gens.
    04-02-2019 08:01 PM
    You're being kind, actually. They seem to connect at exactly the same rate as my old first-gens.
    Seriously? That has not been my experience at all. Not even close.
    04-03-2019 10:26 AM
    I just got my AirPods 2 and spend 10 minutes connecting the. I’m not impressed and will be returning them to the Apple Store. They are no different then my AirPods 1. They connect marginally faster, but in all other respects, I don’t see a benefit. The batteries in my AirPods 1s aren’t great anymore, but it’s not worth the cost of an upgrade, and I’ll make due until v. 3 becomes available. Reports are that they’ll be available in September.
    Really? More like 2 seconds connection (if that) for my AirPods² to all my devices. They are also louder, sound better and battery life has improved as well. These have been my experience with my new AirPods 2nd Gen.
    04-03-2019 10:28 AM
    I just got my AirPods 2 and spend 10 minutes connecting the. I’m not impressed and will be returning them to the Apple Store. They are no different then my AirPods 1. They connect marginally faster, but in all other respects, I don’t see a benefit. The batteries in my AirPods 1s aren’t great anymore, but it’s not worth the cost of an upgrade, and I’ll make due until v. 3 becomes available. Reports are that they’ll be available in September.
    I would not expect the next version as soon as September. Yes, there are rumors, but next yea ris much more likely. If you can wait nine months or more, that is fine.
    04-03-2019 01:03 PM
51 123