Currently, I have my AirPods paired with my iPad and iPhone.

However, any time I turn them on, they typically automatically connect to my iPhone. I then have to force the iPad to connect to them.

Is there an option to set a default connection for my AirPods?

Thanks all
    03-05-2019 07:32 PM
    Bumping this up, so someone with AirPods can chime in
    Annie_8plus and ivanwi11iams like this.
    03-11-2019 09:33 AM
    Same here @Ivan. I haven't found any settings to change this behavior.
    03-11-2019 09:44 AM
    The AirPods remember to which device they have been connected the last time.
    If you were to pop the case open and use the AirPods they will automagically connect to that device. You will have to manually connect to another device if you so wish.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    03-11-2019 09:47 AM
    I've looked around and can't seem to find a way to do this. If there is, hopefully, someone will chime in. It would be nice if this was possible so you might consider submitting feedback to Apple's AirPod's Feedback page.
    03-11-2019 09:58 AM
    The AirPods remember to which device they have been connected the last time.
    If you were to pop the case open and use the AirPods they will automagically connect to that device. You will have to manually connect to another device if you so wish.
    Sorry to disagree with you........but.......

I was on a webinar earlier on my MBP and was using my airpods. Once done I put them back in the case.

I just took them out (for testing while reading this post) and they connected automagically to my iPhone. So I'm thinking they "default" to the device they were originally connected to. You can try unpairing them and pairing to your iPad and see if they stays the "default" device.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    03-11-2019 10:44 AM

I was on a webinar earlier on my MBP and was using my airpods. Once done I put them back in the case.

I just took them out (for testing while reading this post) and they connected automagically to my iPhone. So I'm thinking they "default" to the device they were originally connected to. You can try unpairing them and pairing to your iPad and see if they stays the "default" device.
    Oh okay. It may vary from device to device because my TV automatically connects to my AirPods.
    03-11-2019 10:58 AM

This is correct. I was using them on my iPad last and after reading "Tarts" (LOL) post I tested his theory and my AirPods connected to my Xs Max.
    Tartarus and Lee_Bo like this.
    03-11-2019 11:03 AM