Still in love?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely still loving my Airpods. I often say they are my best Apple/tech purchase in the last few years.

After having lived with them since release, they are still a daily use item. Going into 2019, if we see an AirPods 2 release...I do hope for longer battery life though. I get around 3-4 hours of continued use (podcasts, music) while at work. I'd LOVE to be able to go the full day with them.

What about you? Still love them? What changes would you like to see?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I still love them.

My work keeps me using more talk time than many do these days so more battery life would be nice but not a deal breaker.

My biggest hope is a second generation might fit better. I have to use those rubber-like things with an arm to really hold them for some physical activities.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, still love mine. I love that they don't completely seal the ear and lets me hear ambient sounds (cars, dogs, people, etc) when I'm riding my bike.

If there is a series two, longer battery life is all I'd ask. Otherwise, keep them exactly like they are.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use them everyday. I will likely pick up the new ones when released and pass these on to my daughter. They still hold a good charge and she loves to borrow them when I'm not using them.

Definitely my favorite Apple product in the last few years.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had mine since launch 2yrs ago and the battery capacity has def diminished. I need the 2G to be released ASAP because I don’t want to waste money on another set or a new case. Gotta hold off as long as possible

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Still love mine and use them daily for running and phone calls. Longer battery life would be my only request. I've noticed recently some diminished battery capacity as one of my AirPods (left one only) doesn't charge all the way to 100% more like 97% or 98% tops. Anxiously awaiting the new AirPods 2 release so I can upgrade mine. One of my fav Apple products that comes in a close second behind my beloved Apple Watch!!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
This thread gives me hope. I'm going to finally try some soon. I feel the need to know how it can work for me.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Still love mine and use them daily for running and phone calls. Longer battery life would be my only request. I've noticed recently some diminished battery capacity as one of my AirPods (left one only) doesn't charge all the way to 100% more like 97% or 98% tops. Anxiously awaiting the new AirPods 2 release so I can upgrade mine. One of my fav Apple products that comes in a close second behind my beloved Apple Watch!!

I have the same issue. Left air pod always drains quicker and they never get 100% anymore. I also agree that better or longer battery life would be nice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely still loving my Airpods. I often say they are my best Apple/tech purchase in the last few years.

After having lived with them since release, they are still a daily use item. Going into 2019, if we see an AirPods 2 release...I do hope for longer battery life though. I get around 3-4 hours of continued use (podcasts, music) while at work. I'd LOVE to be able to go the full day with them.

What about you? Still love them? What changes would you like to see?

Dude, they take like 2 minutes to recharge to capacity...(Laughing)....That’s a restroom break...

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I got mine early on and they are still working fine. Battery life is still at a very good level. I use them mostly for books, podcasts and casual music listening. No regrets.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Dude, they take like 2 minutes to recharge to capacity...(Laughing)....That’s a restroom break...

What super AirPod charging case did you get?! Lol. I charge mine over my lunch hour typically so it’s not the end of the world. Definitely a first world problem lol. But man would I love it if I could go longer than 4 hours or so.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What super AirPod charging case did you get?! Lol. I charge mine over my lunch hour typically so it’s not the end of the world. Definitely a first world problem lol. But man would I love it if I could go longer than 4 hours or so.

I hear you and you know know I was just messing with you........I don’t have the time to where I can listen to music more than a couple of hours. I have way too many meeting, phone calls, conference calls, video conferencing calls, etcetera so a fully charged AirPod case and AirPods will last me my entire work day....

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, mine are a year old and I still like them. I workout 5 days a week and I split between my airpods and beats studio 3 when working out because sometimes I just want that music on super loud.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Definitely do it! You won’t regret it!

Thank you. I did get some and after a week, I like how it works but I'm not personally moved. I guess to be fair, I only have an iPhone (and no other Apple products) so that might be why for me. I am glad that I tried it though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro