Excited for AirPods 2?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So I just saw an article that said new AirPods model numbers show up in Bluetooth Database, hinting at upcoming release.

Who else besides me is excited and is gonna get them as soon as they are released?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
eh... maybe. I LOVE the AirPods, but they need better noise isolation. If they do then I am ALL over them

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So do we know what AirPods 2 are going to offer than AirPods 1 are unable to do? Aside from possible wireless charging in the case?

My AirPods are amazing. I have zero desire to upgrade lol. Unless, of course, the next generation model offers a significant improvement?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So do we know what AirPods 2 are going to offer than AirPods 1 are unable to do? Aside from possible wireless charging in the case?

My AirPods are amazing. I have zero desire to upgrade lol. Unless, of course, the next generation model offers a significant improvement?

It’s rumored to feature Hey Siri, without you having to double tap one of the AirPods. I expect it to have a longer battery life and there are rumors that I will some health features as well.

I will no doubt get one. I may pass my current AirPods to one of my nephews.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It’s rumored to feature Hey Siri, without you having to double tap one of the AirPods. I expect it to have a longer battery life and there are rumors that I will some health features as well.

I will no doubt get one. I may pass my current AirPods to one of my nephews.

Hmmm. Yea none of those are items that would encourage me to make a purchase. Thanks for the information though!

I'll be interested in everyones review if/when they release.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the original and while they are great, I don't see any upgrade in the future. If I do upgrade I'll more than likely go with the Beats X or something else that seals in the ear.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm interested as this is my 2nd fav Apple product plus this would give me a good excuse to hand my first gen down to my son whose always eyed mine with envy.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the original and while they are great, I don't see any upgrade in the future. If I do upgrade I'll more than likely go with the Beats X or something else that seals in the ear.

I have the Beats X and Air Pods. I prefer the Air Pods. And I use these. They really help.

EarBuddyz 2.0 Ear Hooks and Covers Accessories Compatible with Apple AirPods or EarPods Headphones/ Earphones/ Earbuds (3 Pairs) (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BREFE...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3105761

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I most want noise cancelation. Also depends on the price. If they are considerably more than the original Air Pods, they'll need othave a lot of additional useful features to get me to upgrade.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wait a minute. I can do that now! I don’t know when the last I tapped on one of my AirPods.

I suspect you have your iPhone on your body and close to your mouth at some point when you call Siri up. That’s your iPhone taking over.
Let’s say your iPhone is in your back pocket and you say Hey Siri in a mildly noisy area and it wouldn’t register.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suspect you have your iPhone on your body and close to your mouth at some point when you call Siri up. That’s your iPhone taking over.
Let’s say your iPhone is in your back pocket and you say Hey Siri in a mildly noisy area and it wouldn’t register.

I was indeed in close proximity of my iPhone - 6 feet away, perhaps.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So I just saw an article that said new AirPods model numbers show up in Bluetooth Database, hinting at upcoming release.

Who else besides me is excited and is gonna get them as soon as they are released?

Sorry people.
Apparently I lied. I’m a liar.
I didn’t get the AirPods 2.

I still use my original AirPods, from time to time.

It’s just that I work full time in a work van with a Bluetooth radio in it and that I’m not out and about a lot to make use of the AirPods.

Therefore getting new AirPods only for them to gather dust just doesn’t feel right to me.

Who knows what the future will show. Maybe I’ll get new ones and maybe not.
We’ll see.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner