This has happened twice in a row now, so I decided to document it.

Each time, the AirPod case and both AirPods were (according to my phone) both fully charged at 100%

Went for a workout and started using my AirPods as normal. The first time, I started losing sound in the left ear and when I checked, right AirPod had 90% and left AirPod was at 1%!

The second time (today), the results weren’t as drastic, but the left AirPod was clearly draining battery quicker. Here are some screenshots showing today’s battery percentage (and passage of time based on the time of screenshots)

I have no idea if the problem is with the left AirPod, or the case not charging it properly (and displaying a false positive that it is fully charged).

Any thoughts?
    10-29-2018 04:49 PM
    This has happened twice in a row now, so I decided to document it.

Each time, the AirPod case and both AirPods were (according to my phone) both fully charged at 100%

Went for a workout and started using my AirPods as normal. The first time, I started losing sound in the left ear and when I checked, right AirPod had 90% and left AirPod was at 1%!

The second time (today), the results weren’t as drastic, but the left AirPod was clearly draining battery quicker. Here are some screenshots showing today’s battery percentage (and passage of time based on the time of screenshots)

I have no idea if the problem is with the left AirPod, or the case not charging it properly (and displaying a false positive that it is fully charged).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...08399e875f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...509b655036.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b5f8ee1b56.jpg

Any thoughts?
    If you have an Apple Store close, I'd likely take it in to the Genius bar. They may find there is some type of lint that is preventing the Airpod from charging correctly and, if it is a battery issue, can give you a quote to replace the Airpod/battery (if no longer under warranty).

I'd say check for some lint yourself but I'm going to assume you've tried already.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    10-29-2018 07:37 PM
    If you have an Apple Store close, I'd likely take it in to the Genius bar. They may find there is some type of lint that is preventing the Airpod from charging correctly and, if it is a battery issue, can give you a quote to replace the Airpod/battery (if no longer under warranty).

I'd say check for some lint yourself but I'm going to assume you've tried already.
    I will inspect further regarding the lint, I thought I had cleaned it properly, but if it continues to happen I’ll take them to Apple!

Thanks!
    mogelijk likes this.
    10-29-2018 07:40 PM
    I will inspect further regarding the lint, I thought I had cleaned it properly, but if it continues to happen I’ll take them to Apple!

Thanks!
    Yes, an advantage the Apple Store will have, they have experience in knowing the nooks and crannies where lint might be hiding.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    10-29-2018 07:55 PM