Airpods falloing out of case

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you had a problem with your airpods falling out of their case, say when you put them down for the evening? I have heard of a few people losing one or both airpods because they knocked the case off a nightstand at night and the pods fell out and rolled somewhere. Could Apple redesign the case for version 2 (with the Qi charging) to reduce this problem?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you had a problem with your airpods falling out of their case, say when you put them down for the evening? I have heard of a few people losing one or both airpods because they knocked the case off a nightstand at night and the pods fell out and rolled somewhere. Could Apple redesign the case for version 2 (with the Qi charging) to reduce this problem?

I’m not sure it’s that easy to lose the AirPods that way.
I had my AirPods fall from the stairs on numerous occasions and not once did the AirPods case lid open, let alone one of the AirPods falling out of it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
There's a pretty significant magnetic "click" when you close the lid and put the airpods back in the case. I've dropped the case several times (carpet, tile, concrete, asphalt) and never had either airpod come out of the case. I've had the lid open up, but never either airpod come out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you had a problem with your airpods falling out of their case, say when you put them down for the evening? I have heard of a few people losing one or both airpods because they knocked the case off a nightstand at night and the pods fell out and rolled somewhere. ...

Heck no! It takes some doing to even shake the AirPods out of its case with the wide open.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No, never had that issue. I even just open my AirPods case, turned it upside down and shook, and was unable to get either of the AirPods to fall out. Instead, what happened sometimes (if I shook the case "forward") is that the case would close and not reopen.

The AirPods case uses some relatively strong magnets (for the weight of the AirPods) on the lid and to keep the AirPods in the case. If someone has an issue with them falling out, I suspect either a manufacturing defect or they've "done something" to damage them. And, don't forget, if they do fall out you can use the Find iPhone app to help you find your AirPods -- with the noise they make, the AirPods should be fairly easy to find if they just dropped off a nightstand.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The cases I have heard about where the Airpods fell out of the case were when the case fell at least three feet. Perhaps, that is enough to make the Airpods fall out?

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never had an issue with them falling out of the case...and the case bounced down 5 carpeted stairs at work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr Vindhya Gemaraju