My opinions of Airpods

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
From having no wires connecting the two headphones together, to being able to charge them in the case and not need a annoying cable, to being able to charge one while it's in your pocket and be able to use it for 3 hours after only 15 minutes WHILE STILL HAVING ONE IN YOUR EAR THE WHOLE TIME THUS NOT DISRUPTING WHAT YOU ARE LISTENING TO, to being able to take one out of your ear for a moment and have them pause only to start playing the moment you put them back in, to the painfully easy pairing process, I'd says that these feel like to me, the first truly "magical" thing apple has made since the OG iphone.

Are the worth $159 USD to me though? Well, I got mine run over yesterday and bought a new pair today so that should answer that question.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, sir. I gave my first pair of AirPods to my youngest son and then purchased another pair the same day. I use them mostly while at work, either listening to music or using them on for phone calls with clients via the Vonage desktop app when paired to my work-issued MacBook Air. To me, they are indeed worth the price I paid for them.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I get how nice the usability is, I enjoy it, but that alone doesn’t justify the cost for me. I’m in the minority there, but I believe at $170 they should sound better than the EarPods that come with the phone.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah these things are truly magical. I ended up having mine go into the wash (on a day when I shouldn’t have even had them in my pocket) and immediately (the next day) went to the Walmart near work to get a new set. Lol

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I agree. Apple AirPods are truly *Magical*. One of those things that once you have a set, it's hard to live without a set...LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I get how nice the usability is, I enjoy it, but that alone doesn’t justify the cost for me. I’m in the minority there, but I believe at $170 they should sound better than the EarPods that come with the phone.

Honestly, nothing in Apple's product lineup has a justifiable cost and the AirPods aren't any different...LOL

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I bought a pair specifically to use with the Apple TV. My home office is a loft, so there's an entire opening that looks out over the livingroom. It's a PITA to try and listen to music or something else in my office (Windows gaming desktop) while my husband watches car shows on the TV downstairs. The Airpods grant us the ability to each listen/watch music/videos/tv without disturbing one another.

My only complaint is that I find myself constantly pushing them back into my ear. I've looked at a few over-the-ear thingies to attach them to, but I want them to stay in my ear, not on my ear. :(

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love mine as well .... even with all the issues I’ve had with them (see my other thread). I run with them a lot and hardly ever have to readjust them.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought a pair specifically to use with the Apple TV. My home office is a loft, so there's an entire opening that looks out over the livingroom. It's a PITA to try and listen to music or something else in my office (Windows gaming desktop) while my husband watches car shows on the TV downstairs. The Airpods grant us the ability to each listen/watch music/videos/tv without disturbing one another.

My only complaint is that I find myself constantly pushing them back into my ear. I've looked at a few over-the-ear thingies to attach them to, but I want them to stay in my ear, not on my ear. :(

Although I'm guessing we are using a different definition of "in the ear" but the AirPods do not go "in the air" -- as compared to something like earbuds (such as the Beats X) where the rubber or foam tips go into the ear canal.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I at $170 they should sound better than the EarPods that come with the phone.

I paid $149 for mine. They were $159 on Amazon (sold by Amazon), and I used some points I had saved up on my credit card to get a few dollars off.

Airpods are one of if not the cheapest truly wireless buds.

That's not true.

Although I'm guessing we are using a different definition of "in the ear" but the AirPods do not go "in the air" -- as compared to something like earbuds (such as the Beats X) where the rubber or foam tips go into the ear canal.

I'm not really all that concerned with the definition. All I know is they do not stay where I put them.

Last edited:

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I paid $149 for mine. They were $159 on Amazon (sold by Amazon), and I used some points I had saved up on my credit card to get a few dollars off.

That's not true.

I'm not really all that concerned with the definition. All I know is they do not stay where I put them.

I meant it of the decent ones. Not counting the cheap no name brands from amazon. Sorry I should have stated that.

I meant out of the wireless earbuds like these.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/357097/the-best-true-wireless-headphones

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh