Ok y'all ... so I love my AirPods overall ... but have had them replaced 3-4 times since I bought them late 2017. Anyway, no matter what set I've had, after awhile, I always get into situations when one AirPod will randomly be left uncharged after being in the case for hours. I have to reseat it and then it will charge. It's hugely frustrating because I usually find the largely discharged AirPod right before I start my run.

Is this a common problem with other owners? It can't possibly just be me? I will note that it's not always the same AirPod that doesn't charge. It's just random and unpredictable.
    nakialjohnson83 likes this.
    03-29-2018 07:27 PM
    Ok y'all ... so I love my AirPods overall ... but have had them replaced 3-4 times since I bought them late 2017. Anyway, no matter what set I've had, after awhile, I always get into situations when one AirPod will randomly be left uncharged after being in the case for hours. I have to reseat it and then it will charge. It's hugely frustrating because I usually find the largely discharged AirPod right before I start my run.

Is this a common problem with other owners? It can't possibly just be me? I will note that it's not always the same AirPod that doesn't charge. It's just random and unpredictable.
    That’s weird. I’ve had not fully charging issues with my watch, but haven’t had it for my Airpods yet.
    03-29-2018 07:32 PM
    That’s weird. I’ve had not fully charging issues with my watch, but haven’t had it for my Airpods yet.
    It has happened to literally every set I’ve had.
    03-29-2018 09:07 PM
    Odd charging behavior as that's never happened to mine not once since owning them June 2017. I'm stumped as to why it's random and unpredictable for you
    03-30-2018 06:03 PM
    Odd charging behavior as that's never happened to mine not once since owning them June 2017. I'm stumped as to why it's random and unpredictable for you
    No kidding .... and with multiple pairs. I promise I don’t do anything funky with them. I don’t even know what to say. My daughter hasn’t had it happen to hers either.
    03-30-2018 06:25 PM
    @eyecrispy that's crazy weird but I believe you that it's nothing on your part. I'm sorry you've had so many issues with your AirPods.
    03-30-2018 08:08 PM
    @eyecrispy that's crazy weird but I believe you that it's nothing on your part. I'm sorry you've had so many issues with your AirPods.
    I don’t think it’s me but I am definitely the common thread. Once time, both pods played the low battery sound in the morning right before my run. Infuriating that neither one charged overnight in the case.
    03-30-2018 08:40 PM
    @eyecrispy that's a bummer for sure but I hope whatever voodoo spell that's around your AirPods moves on to somewhere else not near you or any of your other Apple products 🤞
    03-30-2018 09:22 PM
    ... but have had them replaced 3-4 times since I bought them late 2017.
    Have you had the entire set replaced (pods and case) or just the pods? Very odd that if you've had the charging case replaced and it's still happening.

I accidentally washed mine and had to replace the case. The pods themselves will now only last a couple of hours but it was my fault they got washed and dried.
    03-31-2018 08:07 AM
    Have you had the entire set replaced (pods and case) or just the pods? Very odd that if you've had the charging case replaced and it's still happening.

I accidentally washed mine and had to replace the case. The pods themselves will now only last a couple of hours but it was my fault they got washed and dried.
    Yep. I’ve had multiple full sets replaced. And also single pods replaced and also case replaced.
    03-31-2018 08:34 AM
    Just reporting back - my left pod wouldn’t charge yesterday until I plugged the case in. The light in the case would show green even though my left bud was at 1% and only show orange briefly. The case was reporting 60% so it had juice. Once unplugged the unit in it charged up. Very very annoying. It has happened 2 days in a row. Guess I may be bringing this set back for replacement again.
    nakialjohnson83 likes this.
    07-01-2018 06:41 AM
    My left AirPod doesn’t hold a charge long which is strange
    07-03-2018 06:47 PM
    My left AirPod doesn’t hold a charge long which is strange
    Is it always the left? Have you reset it? Taken it to the Apple store?
    07-06-2018 07:43 AM
    Just reporting back - my left pod wouldn’t charge yesterday until I plugged the case in. The light in the case would show green even though my left bud was at 1% and only show orange briefly. The case was reporting 60% so it had juice. Once unplugged the unit in it charged up. Very very annoying. It has happened 2 days in a row. Guess I may be bringing this set back for replacement again.
    I can't believe this saga still continues for you
    07-09-2018 02:39 PM
    I can't believe this saga still continues for you
    I know! It’s gotta be me ..... lol. I don’t even know. I put them back in the case and make sure the light blinks to acknowledge that the pod is in there and then I close it. That’s it. Lol. I don’t know what the issue is. They’ve replaced it 4-6 times already. I’m a little tired of going to the Apple store.
    ksassy likes this.
    07-09-2018 06:51 PM
    No problems with charging my AirPods and I purchased them Jan 2017. I'm really impressed with the longevity of the batteries after such a long time of everyday usage. Every now and then I check the charging. Not often though...LOL

07-10-2018 09:58 AM