New AirPod models supposedly

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Yes give me more AirPod magic...woohoo! Love my first gen pair but I'll take more please and thank you Apple ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless my current AirPods stop working, I will not purchase the newer models when they become available for sale.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As I don't have any airpods as of yet, I'll be playing close attention... but I'm really leaning on getting a watch first... I do have a birthday in April! :D

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Unless my current AirPods stop working, I will not purchase the newer models when they become available for sale.

That’s the wise thing to say.
As I know myself, I’ll likely pass mine on to my one of my nephews and purchase the new iPhone one.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I will think about upgrading or at least purchasing the new case to use with a Qi charging pad. But if I’m going to consider paying Apple’s price for the case, I will wait to see if the upgrades to the AirPods themselves justify an added expenditure. I would be tempted if the volume on the upgraded devices is made louder, or if volume perhaps can be managed better.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't see myself upgrading, based on what the specs they are claiming the new AirPods will have. I think the only way I'd upgrade is if the new AirPods have drastically better sound quality. The only other thing that would make me consider buying them is if they offer more "buttons" or similar controls, where you can pause, fast forward, rewind, etc. via a button on the Airpods or a gesture. It doesn't sound, at least at this point, that it will have either of those.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that an "always on" Siri (which some are claiming is a new feature) isn't appealing to me, particularly since it seems like it would cause a hit in battery life.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Maybe I'm the oddball here but I think I'm more excited about new accessories then I am a phone in general. Hence my adoration for my AirPods and Apple Watch. My poor phone is treated like a redheaded stepchild over in a corner unless summoned 🤣

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I took the leap and purchased the AirPods - they’re great!!! That said, I wouldn’t be upgrading to these as it seems they handle splashes of water and can respond to “hey Siri” which are features that aren’t important to me. If I was getting into the market I would probably go for these gen 2 AirPods.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No plans to upgrade for me. But I can always be convinced. The AirPods I have now work fine for my needs .... and I literally workout and run in them everyday. I wouldn’t mind longer battery life for calls though.