Hi, I am from India where the airpods retail for around $190. Getting a pair of sealed ones from a reseller for 100! Do you think it's worth shelling out those 100 dollars?

I already own sony xb950n1 which I use everyday. Haven't really ever used the bundled earpods. Is the sound quality and fit any better than earpods?
    Appreciate your help!
    12-25-2017 08:04 PM
    If the AirPods are indeed real AND are brand new and unused then yes, getting them for $100 is worth it.
    12-25-2017 08:07 PM
    If the AirPods are indeed real AND are brand new and unused then yes, getting them for $100 is worth it.
    Yes they are real for sure. How about the sound and fit? Any better than the earpods?
    12-25-2017 08:24 PM
    Yea that is a steal if they are real and sealed for 100. As for fit to me I think they feel a little smaller that the earpods. Overall you'll enjoy having them they are very convenient to have around when you out and about.
    12-25-2017 08:47 PM
    Yes they are real for sure. How about the sound and fit? Any better than the earpods?
    The sound and fit are very similar to the EarPods.
    12-25-2017 09:43 PM
    Yea that is a steal if they are real and sealed for 100. As for fit to me I think they feel a little smaller that the earpods. Overall you'll enjoy having them they are very convenient to have around when you out and about.
    OK.. Thanks!
    12-26-2017 01:01 AM
    The sound and fit are very similar to the EarPods.
    I don't like the sound quality of the earpods much. Been used to audio technica ath m50x and sony mdr 950n1.

Convenience aside, do you think it's worth even the 100 bucks?
    I watch a lot of shows and listen to music for almost 6 hours a day.
    12-26-2017 01:04 AM
    I don't like the sound quality of the earpods much. Been used to audio technica ath m50x and sony mdr 950n1.

I think it’s worth it due to its portability in terms of its size and that it works really well with Apple’s devices, especially the Apple Watch.
    12-26-2017 03:52 AM

I have a pair of Audio-Technical ATH M40x and the AirPods are not going to give you that rich of a sound. Period. Having said that, the sound they produce is still high quality and worth $100, in my opinion.
    12-26-2017 07:06 AM
    I think it’s worth it due to its portability in terms of its size and that it works really well with Apple’s devices, especially the Apple Watch.
    I get it... The convenience factor plays a major role here. I might then go for them.
    I don't have an apple watch but I do have an iPhone an ipad pro and a macbook pro so I see the value here. Thanx alot for the advice ! Cheers!
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-26-2017 11:29 AM
    I have a pair of Audio-Technical ATH M40x and the AirPods are not going to give you that rich of a sound. Period. Having said that, the sound they produce is still high quality and worth $100, in my opinion.
    OK. But do you think I am well off buying something like a beats x or powerbeats 3 if I keep sound quality over convenience?? They having the W1 chip as well, the pairing experience would be similar.
    12-26-2017 11:33 AM
    OK. But do you think I am well off buying something like a beats x or powerbeats 3 if I keep sound quality over convenience?? They having the W1 chip as well, the pairing experience would be similar.
    That depends. I mean, if you’re looking for a set of earphones for primarily listening to music then yes, get something with a more robust sound. Even then, if you’re not the type of listener who hears every instrument or other sounds in a song, and you’re not looking for something that’s base-heavy, the AirPods will definitely be sufficient. The only time I really use my AirPods for music is when I’m at work at my desk. When I’m at home and I want to immerse myself with music, I grab the Audio-Technicas or my Bose QC-35s.
    12-26-2017 11:56 AM
    The sound quality isn’t great. It’s similar to the EarPods. The fit is the same. If the EarPods fit you well, the AirPod will fit just as good.

The convenience is the major plus of the AirPods if you are into the whole ecosystem. Just take it near the mac or iPad and it’ll ask to pair the first time and automatically connect the next time onwards.

If sound quality is a big issue for you, check for other brands.
    12-26-2017 11:59 AM
    I get it... The convenience factor plays a major role here. I might then go for them.
    I don't have an apple watch but I do have an iPhone an ipad pro and a macbook pro so I see the value here. Thanx alot for the advice ! Cheers!
    It really does
    When I really want to enjoy my music, I would still go back to my Bose headphones. And you’re welcome!
    12-26-2017 06:15 PM
    No, you better send those to me ...
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-26-2017 07:40 PM
    The sound quality isn’t great. It’s similar to the EarPods. The fit is the same. If the EarPods fit you well, the AirPod will fit just as good.

The convenience is the major plus of the AirPods if you are into the whole ecosystem. Just take it near the mac or iPad and it’ll ask to pair the first time and automatically connect the next time onwards.

If sound quality is a big issue for you, check for other brands.
    I'm going to disagree, a bit. I think the sound quality is good but there are two limiting factors. First, the AirPods need to fit your ears to get that sound quality -- if they aren't positioned well then the sound quality is degraded. Next, these are open air earphones -- because they don't go in your ear you get all the noise from the surrounding area which makes them not sound as good, it is harder to hear various quieter sounds as they may get "drowned out." And if your idea of "good sound" is heavy bass, the AirPods are lacking. Of course, on the flip side, if you are eating (or something similar) you don't hear it like you do with in-ear earbuds.

Additionally, the fit is not the same as the EarPods, if for no other reason than it lacks a cable. Many of us who have issues with EarPods falling out of our ears have zero issues with the AirPods. AirPods seem to fit "most people" -- but obviously there are people they just don't fit well. If they are too small, there are various third party options, such as foam pads or wings to better hold the AirPods in the ear.

I think the big reason for buying AirPods is for phone calls; they have very good sound quality, both for you and the person on the other end of the call. They are also good for wearing outside, in places where you need to be able to hear ambient sounds for safety reasons, or at work or walking/running on a street. I agree, if you are just wanting to listen to music, there are better headphones you can use. But for "everyday" use, when you are running around town or at work, they are great.
    12-26-2017 07:51 PM
    $100 is a steal. I’d take them if it’s something you’re looking to try out.
    12-26-2017 07:57 PM