AirPods battery life

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How’s battery life been for you with your AirPods? Mine seemed to be fine till I got off my most recent call. I got on the call with the buds at 100% and after about 1 hour and 15 min it was down to 26%. That is pretty bad. Apple rates it at up to 11 hours of talk time. This is nowhere close! What is everyone else experiencing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to Apple, "
  • Your AirPods can get up to 5 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time on a single charge.
  • With multiple charges in your case, you get more than 24 hours of listening time, or up to 11 hours of talk time.
Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207012

With that in mind, if you were expecting 11 hours of talk time on a single charge, that was not gonna happen....:cool:

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
According to Apple, "
  • Your AirPods can get up to 5 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time on a single charge.
  • With multiple charges in your case, you get more than 24 hours of listening time, or up to 11 hours of talk time.
Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207012

With that in mind, if you were expecting 11 hours of talk time on a single charge, that was not gonna happen....

Lol. I think I misread. If it’s just 2 hrs of talk time then it’s closer to my experience. Sigh. It’s been a lonnnng day.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I’ve been going over 5 hours on my Pods since I got them last week. I only use one at a time, though, as to not block myself from the world during my day at the office. I have to switch to my L earpiece around 3:30-4 every day. The case also lasts forever for me. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the battery results. I do not regret this purchase one bit.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
One thing to remember, to "extend" talk time, is that you can use one at a time. When I've known I'll be on the phone for a while, I'll remove one of the AirPods and put it in the case to charge. You can either stay with one, switching between the two hourly, or so, or you can go back to two after 15 minutes or so (when the AirPod should be back to close to a full charge). To me, this is one of the great features of the AirPods, that I can switch between using one or both on a call, to ensure that one of them is always charged.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I use mine for music while running daily for 2 hours and 15 minutes and during the day I alternate between them using only one at a time for 2 hours. I charge the case 1-2x a week. The battery life is good enough for me and my usage.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use mine for music while running daily for 2 hours and 15 minutes and during the day I alternate between them using only one at a time for 2 hours. I charge the case 1-2x a week. The battery life is good enough for me and my usage.

How much battery drain do you get after a 2 hour run?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
How much battery drain do you get after a 2 hour run?

Whoops I should've specified that my time is spread out between two sessions since I run 2x a day. In the morning it's for 90 minutes and in the evening it's for 45 minutes so it's not a straight 2 hours and 15 minutes but the total daily usage for two runs. I haven't paid attention to my battery drain lately since I immediately throw them back in the charging case after disinfecting them when I'm done. Sorry for the miscommunication.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

This is random, but does your calves get sore?
I’m starting to exercise more with my AirPods and my calves get tight real quick.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’m starting to exercise more with my AirPods and my calves get tight real quick.

Not sure what kind of exercise you’re doing but I run nearly everyday and my calves are fine. I think you’ll be sore initially but once your body adjusts it’ll be less sore.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

It helps to consume lots and lots of water throughout the day. The tightness is more associated with cramping. Keep doing what you’re doing and little quirks like that start to go away before you even realize it.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It helps to consume lots and lots of water throughout the day. The tightness is more associated with cramping. Keep doing what you’re doing and little quirks like that start to go away before you even realize it.

+1 for water intake. I drink over a gallon a day and I don’t cramp up and rarely get sick. It’s magic! Ok, back on topic with this thread now ......

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Yep!
I’m going to start stretching daily too since I’m very stiff.
I’ve started a plan with NRC and definitely looking forward to the upcoming weeks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner