Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I have seen posts regarding second generation Air Pods but haven’t seen anything official or from the news sites. Is it worth waiting for them (are they even coming) or should I give myself an early Christmas gift and get the current pair? I am a fan of the design and really want a pair but not if a new pair is coming out in January.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It’s very unlikely that a new gen will drop in January. If it does, then it’ll mostly be in September 2018. Besides, the current one is really good.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It’s very unlikely that a new gen will drop in January. If it does, then it’ll mostly be in September 2018. Besides, the current one is really good.

You sold me.

3ffca4019d1dc96a9bd08f701d2c9af5.jpg

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on your new AirPods! I'm normally not a 1st gen product type of girl but mine have been awesome. Enjoy your early Christmas present ;)

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Haven’t had them long (obviously) but I’m amazed with how comfortable they remained with a battery in them. I also love the case (already ordered a case for the case since it’ll be in my pocket with keys). I also think they sound good.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
IMO the AirPods are the best product Apple has made in a long time. I have always hated how they refer to products as magical, but I’m with them on the AirPods. Lol. Enjoy!

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
There is a new wireless charging case for the AirPods, but I doubt a second gen will be out anytime soon.

It’s funny, I had my 6 Plus for several years out of necessity, not preference. When they announced the mat, I told myself I’d never need it. In the last two months, I’ve purchased the Watch 3, X and now these, and I’ve become a fan and a in the process. I think I’ll need the mat.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It’s funny, I had my 6 Plus for several years out of necessity, not preference. When they announced the mat, I told myself I’d never need it. In the last two months, I’ve purchased the Watch 3, X and now these, and I’ve become a fan and a in the process. I think I’ll need the mat.

lol

Yup, that’s how quick it happens!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Yep!
The AirPower is going to be awesomeee!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

My only issue with the mat, at least for the AirPods, is needing to buy the new case. My gut feeling is the charging case of the AirPods will cost around $50 -- and that is just too much for me to pay to be able to wireless charge my AirPods.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
So, all went well those first days. Recently, however, when I remove the AirPods, they’ll stop playing as they’re supposed to (they also drop the connection to the phone, not sure if this is intentional or not). When I reinsert, they won’t start playing. Instead, I hear the connection chime, but no music. Any ideas? I’ve tried unpairing and repairing. Automatic ear detection is on, obviously. Thanks in advance guys!

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
So, upon a bit of research, it appears that my AirPods were not behaving correctly when I first bought them. They’d resume playing when I was only using ONE AirPod. They aren’t doing this anymore but I confirmed they do when I’m using two.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods