I had mine for just about a weekend. Picked up Friday night, wore Saturday, returned Sunday. They kept falling out and hurt my ears. Got beatsX and haven’t had any problems. Good luck.
    Mine never fall out. I’ve just had all sorts of technical issues with them. Glad the beatsx work for you.
    11-08-2017 08:05 AM
    I had mine for just about a weekend. Picked up Friday night, wore Saturday, returned Sunday. They kept falling out and hurt my ears. Got beatsX and haven’t had any problems. Good luck.
    This is the more common problem. While AirPods fit most people, there are plenty of people who they don't fit properly. There just aren't a lot of stories of hardware failure with the AirPods, which is what makes this thread somewhat unique -- particularly how many pairs he's gone through.
    11-09-2017 07:43 AM
    This is the more common problem. While AirPods fit most people, there are plenty of people who they don't fit properly. There just aren't a lot of stories of hardware failure with the AirPods, which is what makes this thread somewhat unique -- particularly how many pairs he's gone through.
    I am wondering if the Apple store I go to got a bad batch or something. I can’t think of why else this is happening to so many pairs. I am not at all rough with it and they’re only a few days old. Really annoying.
    11-09-2017 09:57 PM
    I am wondering if the Apple store I go to got a bad batch or something. I can’t think of why else this is happening to so many pairs. I am not at all rough with it and they’re only a few days old. Really annoying.
    Are you getting a new pair each time they replace them for you, or do they have some refurbished AirPods they use as replacements? If they are new, it seems very likely they got a shipment where the batch may have issues.
    11-10-2017 08:22 AM
    Are you getting a new pair each time they replace them for you, or do they have some refurbished AirPods they use as replacements? If they are new, it seems very likely they got a shipment where the batch may have issues.
    Brand new pair every time. I go again tonight. If they replace again, it’ll be my 4th. SMH.
    11-10-2017 08:27 AM
    Brand new pair every time. I go again tonight. If they replace again, it’ll be my 4th. SMH.
    If there is another Apple Store near you, perhaps you should try another store.
    11-10-2017 08:28 AM
    Definitely a strange issue. iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1 and AirPods and no problems.
    11-10-2017 10:32 AM
    If there is another Apple Store near you, perhaps you should try another store.
    There is. Since I’ve already got an appt at the one closer to me, I will keep that ... but yes, I’ve got the other one in mind. I mean, I love the apple store, but I’m kinda tired of going there once or twice a week.
    11-10-2017 11:48 AM
    May have found a solution for this. Not sure if this has already been said. I’ve been having fairly consistent problems since iOS 11 where double taps aren’t being recognized or a double tap defaults to playing music on my Apple Watch. Apple support told me to turn off automatic ear detection. Now the AirPods default to my phone and double taps work every time after a few hours of testing. Hopefully it will stay that way, and sound like the only downside is they won’t automatically switch to different devices on my iCloud profile.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-20-2017 04:44 PM
    May have found a solution for this. Not sure if this has already been said. I’ve been having fairly consistent problems since iOS 11 where double taps aren’t being recognized or a double tap defaults to playing music on my Apple Watch. Apple support told me to turn off automatic ear detection. Now the AirPods default to my phone and double taps work every time after a few hours of testing. Hopefully it will stay that way, and sound like the only downside is they won’t automatically switch to different devices on my iCloud profile.
    Great, and thank you for the update...
    11-20-2017 04:52 PM
    Hmm really? I wonder how that resolves the issue.

Also, do you have Siri enabled from lock screen on your phone or disabled?
    11-20-2017 04:57 PM

The latest weirdness with my AirPods. You can’t make this stuff up! This is what my iPhone told me the charge was on my AirPods a few days ago after the AirPods had been sitting in the case overnight.
    11-20-2017 05:36 PM
    Hmm really? I wonder how that resolves the issue.

Also, do you have Siri enabled from lock screen on your phone or disabled?
    From what they told me, this basically locks the AirPods to working with the iPhone and not looking for my other iCloud devices.
    And yes I have Siri on lock screen. Still been having these problems ever since the jump to iOS 11. This seems to be working but we’ll see
    11-20-2017 07:14 PM
    From what they told me, this basically locks the AirPods to working with the iPhone and not looking for my other iCloud devices.
    And yes I have Siri on lock screen. Still been having these problems ever since the jump to iOS 11. This seems to be working but we’ll see
    I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip. I haven’t had that issue so far. I think my issues with hardware related. Who knows tho. My AirPods seem to have a mind of their own.
    11-20-2017 08:57 PM
    Have you had all pairs paired to the same phone?
    davsug likes this.
    11-21-2017 06:14 PM
    Have you had all pairs paired to the same phone?
    Who me? Nope. I’ve used them with an SE and the X. I also pair with the AW abs my iPad Pro.
    11-21-2017 06:40 PM
    After 2 days haven’t had one issue with the airpods. Siri invokes on double tap every time and they’ve been pretty flawless (knock on wood). Changing that setting really seems to have worked.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-22-2017 02:17 PM
    Update after over a week. Since changing that automatic ear detection setting I haven’t had one problem with the AirPods. Double tap works every time and they always connect.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-27-2017 01:56 PM
    Update after over a week. Since changing that automatic ear detection setting I haven’t had one problem with the AirPods. Double tap works every time and they always connect.
    Glad to hear that!
    11-27-2017 02:55 PM
    I really hope they come out with a firmware update soon to fix this. I turned ear detection back on yesterday and within an hour Siri wasn’t responding to double taps. Turned it back off and no more problems.
    Only downside is I have to manually stop/start music as taking an airpod out doesn’t do anything.
    12-03-2017 08:06 AM
    I really hope they come out with a firmware update soon to fix this. I turned ear detection back on yesterday and within an hour Siri wasn’t responding to double taps. Turned it back off and no more problems.
    Only downside is I have to manually stop/start music as taking an airpod out doesn’t do anything.
    Did you enable Siri from lock screen. I had to do that for double taps to work consistently for me.
    12-03-2017 12:58 PM
    Did you enable Siri from lock screen. I had to do that for double taps to work consistently for me.
    I did. Always had that enabled.
    12-03-2017 02:50 PM
47 12