Any runners out there use their AirPods for running? I’m wondering how they’ve held up with all the sweat? Also, any concerns about them dislodging while running or working out?

I may spring for some soon but I run all the time, so want to make sure they’ll be good for that use case.
    09-29-2017 10:06 AM
    I'm a runner and have been using mine since I bought them in June. I run twice a day 5 days a week approximately 10-12 miles daily. I disinfect them with an alcohol prep pad after each use. No issues to date. Hopefully others who have logged more time with their AirPods than me will chime in.
    fabio984 and eyecrispy like this.
    09-29-2017 02:11 PM
    I'm a runner and have been using mine since I bought them in June. I run twice a day 5 days a week approximately 10-12 miles daily. I disinfect them with an alcohol prep pad after each use. No issues to date. Hopefully others who have logged more time with their AirPods than me will chime in.
    Dang. If you’re doing 2 runs a day and that amount of mileage, I’d say that it holds up pretty well. Any trouble with them falling out?
    09-29-2017 03:37 PM
    Dang. If you’re doing 2 runs a day and that amount of mileage, I’d say that it holds up pretty well. Any trouble with them falling out?
    No trouble with falling out or slippage. I swear they're like a runner's dream
    09-29-2017 04:07 PM
    Cool. That’s good to know. I may spring for some.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-29-2017 04:51 PM
    In case they do slip out of your ear, a set of earhoox should take care of it.

https://earhoox.com

I’ve been using them for a while now and in this Florida humidity, there’s no way I can wear my AirPods for any length of time without them starting to slip. However, with the earhoox attached, my AirPods stay in place.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-29-2017 05:42 PM
    I’ve used my AirPods for walking, jogging, and other workouts. It seemed fine.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-29-2017 07:00 PM
    Do you know if the AirPods 2 is out yet?
    09-29-2017 08:06 PM
    Nope!
    I think the only new thing is that the new case will be able to charge wirelessly.
    09-29-2017 08:16 PM
    Do you know if the AirPods 2 is out yet?
    Nope!
    I think the only new thing is that the new case will be able to charge wirelessly.
    From what I’ve heard there are no new AirPods planned, just a wireless charging case that can be purchased separately.
    09-29-2017 08:38 PM
    From what I’ve heard there are no new AirPods planned, just a wireless charging case that can be purchased separately.
    Yep!
    Apparently it’ll be available in December according to some rumours.
    09-30-2017 01:52 AM
    Just a word of caution, i think my AirPods are great but there’s no way they’d stay in my ears for running. I’ve seen others run with them so not doubting it’s possible for some people, but not for me. I can walk but not run with them. If you do put 3rd party rubber ends on them then they won’t fit the charging case which gets in the way of their convenience which is one of the best features.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-01-2017 06:52 AM
    ... If you do put 3rd party rubber ends on them then they won’t fit the charging case which gets in the way of their convenience which is one of the best features.
    True, but items like ear hoox take seconds to put on and take off.
    10-01-2017 06:55 AM
    True, but items like ear hoox take seconds to put on and take off.
    I ordered them after reading your post.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-01-2017 08:18 AM
    I ordered them after reading your post.
    I think you will be glad you did.
    10-01-2017 11:15 AM
    I think you will be glad you did.
    They seem a little wonky to put on. I think I like them tho. I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-01-2017 02:48 PM
    They seem a little wonky to put on. I think I like them tho. I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
    When I first got them, they were somewhat awkward to put on, but not now.
    10-01-2017 02:53 PM
    I'm a walker and a bike rider and I used mine for the first time over the weekend and they stayed in place.

Those Earhoox do look pretty neat though.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-23-2017 01:49 PM
    Ok y’all .... went to the Apple store today and demoed the AirPods and loved them. Bought a pair on the spot. Will test them on a run tomorrow morning. Hoping they workout.
    ksassy likes this.
    10-23-2017 06:48 PM
    Ok y’all .... went to the Apple store today and demoed the AirPods and loved them. Bought a pair on the spot. Will test them on a run tomorrow morning. Hoping they workout.
    Congratulations!
    I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-24-2017 05:46 AM
    In case they do slip out of your ear, a set of earhoox should take care of it.

https://earhoox.com

I’ve been using them for a while now and in this Florida humidity, there’s no way I can wear my AirPods for any length of time without them starting to slip. However, with the earhoox attached, my AirPods stay in place.
    Are earhoox easy to get on and off? Do they get in the way of the sensors? Have they stretched out at all over time?
    10-24-2017 05:55 AM
    Are earhoox easy to get on and off?
    Yes
    Do they get in the way of the sensors? Have they stretched out at all over time?
    Not in my experience and I’ve had mine for a while. The material is very easy to adjust.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-24-2017 06:47 AM
    I worked out with the AirPods this morning. Did a heavy cardio workout (a lot of jumping and moving around) and they stayed in place. I did notice, however, that the AirPods rattle. Is that normal? I notice them rattling more on the right side. Can get a bit annoying after awhile.
    10-24-2017 07:42 AM