IOS 11 Left and Right Ear Taps

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
It is now possible with IOS 11 to set different double tap commands for the left and right Airpods independently.
There are more double tap options available, also.

Last edited:

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
First, of course, load ios 11.

Next go to your apple device: "Settings"/ "Bluetooth"/ "My Devices" (your AirPods, make sure they're connected)/ "(i)"/ "Double-Tap On AirPod"/ "Left" and "Right" (Pick your option for each ear).

I have mine set for Siri on the right and next track on the left.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
FYI, just in case anyone wasn't aware. You can pair them with your AppleTV and I believe also iMac.
I was watching Netflix on the AppleTV through the AirPods after everyone else in the house was asleep. They worked great!

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If paired on an iPhone using iCloud, they automatically are paired to an iPad linked to the same Apple user ID. They have to be manually paired to an Apple TV.

As to double-taps, my right side is set to Siri; left side to pause so I can pause music if I need to talk with someone. I use my Apple Watch as a remote and to skip songs, etc.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
If paired on an iPhone using iCloud, they automatically are paired to an iPad linked to the same Apple user ID. They have to be manually paired to an Apple TV.

As to double-taps, my right side is set to Siri; left side to pause so I can pause music if I need to talk with someone. I use my Apple Watch as a remote and to skip songs, etc.

I did not know about the “iCloud” feature. That’s awesome. So should I assume their automatically connected to my MacBook Air as well?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I did not know about the “iCloud” feature. That’s awesome. So should I assume their automatically connected to my MacBook Air as well?

On my iPad, the AirPods automatically showed up in my list of paired Bluetooth devices after I paired my iPhone. When switching from iPhone to iPad, I still have to connect the AirPods by going into Bluetooth settings. I don’t have a Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen