Do people keep asking if your AirPods fall out?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The number one question I get when people see me with my AirPods is, “won’t those fall out?” “Those haven’t fallen out yet?” “How haven’t you lost them yet?”

Answer: It’s the weight of a cord that would pull them out of your ear. So no, they haven’t fallen out. Not once.

Have you gotten these questions too?

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
... Have you gotten these questions too?

Not yet, but it's early days and I do anticipate that question. Your answer is correct; without the weight of cords there's nothing pulling on them (or snagging them) to cause them to come out. I've ceased worrying about the possibility. I'd have to take a fall or bump into somethimg really hard for it to happen, I think.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The number one question I get when people see me with my AirPods is, “won’t those fall out?” “Those haven’t fallen out yet?” “How haven’t you lost them yet?”

Answer: It’s the weight of a cord that would pull them out of your ear. So no, they haven’t fallen out. Not once.

Have you gotten these questions too?

No. When I first got them, some people asked what they were, how much they cost and how do I like them. I don’t recall anyone asking if they fall out or not. Still, most people just stare at them.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The majority of people asking if they fall out are young ones, thinking that they would wiggle out of my ears. But I go on runs and work in an automotive detail shop, where I’ve been bent over or upside down, and they haven’t fallen out. It’s really freeing.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got the AirPods last night. Love them. They are so freeing. First question...how do they not fall out?

That’s because there is no cord pulling them down. The stem is not as heavy without cord.
You can freely run, make a handstand or cycle with them without fear of falling out. I say this out of experience.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2