If I made bulleted lists of the things I like about Airpods and the things I don't like, there'd probably be more points on the "don't like" list.

But I love these things. I recently switched back to iPhone and had to get these after all the rave reviews. I'm looking forward to seeing where this technology is headed--this is just the start.
    Annie_i6s and fleeper like this.
    05-26-2017 03:16 PM
    I'm with you!
    I can't wait to see what the future AirPods are going to be like.
    si001 likes this.
    05-26-2017 03:54 PM
    +1 @Matt Manahan , I think the convince of charging them and keeping them protected in their case is great. Also, before you have even put them in your ears, they are paired with your iPhone. It's the small things like that, that make me love them. The sound is also on par with what I expected and have been a nice upgrade my old Apple earphones from like 2011. 😃

I think over the next couple months and years, we will see a lot of cool things coming from Apple, I'm also expecting to see a couple extra gestures added to the Airpods and maybe even a little storage capacity to make them completely wireless and independent.
    Matt Manahan and Spencerdl like this.
    05-27-2017 01:34 AM
    They aren't perfect by any means but I've found myself using earphones way more than I ever have in the past. I love them in spite of their flaws.

For what it's worth, I'd give my left kidney for some actual volume buttons.
    Spencerdl and Matt Manahan like this.
    05-27-2017 06:07 AM
    I LUV my Apple AirPods and use them more than any other Bluetooth earbuds that I've had in the past. Are they perfect?, No, but their closer overall compared to my pervious wired and wireless earbuds. Can improvements be made?, Yes , but Apple must be doing something right because there is still a 6 week wait (in my area anyway).
    05-27-2017 07:18 AM
    I'm glad to see people mention flaws because they aren't perfect. But I do love them and use them often. Now and then I still pull out the EarPods but for the most part, the AirPods are what I reach for most of the time!
    05-30-2017 06:43 AM
    Tried them today at the Apple store; not totally sold, yet. Convenience was great; no cords; but the bass response was average, unless you pressed them in your ear; not great; for wireless, the sound was respectable; not my corded ER 4PT's, but decent; still deciding whether to purchase
    05-31-2017 11:50 AM
    If I made bulleted lists of the things I like about Airpods and the things I don't like, there'd probably be more points on the "don't like" list.

But I love these things. I recently switched back to iPhone and had to get these after all the rave reviews. I'm looking forward to seeing where this technology is headed--this is just the start.
    You "love these things", but "there'd probably be more points on the don't like list" than on the like list. Please explain and list the things you like and dislike about them....
    05-31-2017 02:16 PM
    You "love these things", but "there'd probably be more points on the don't like list" than on the like list. Please explain and list the things you like and dislike about them....
    Cons (in no particular order):

1. They don't fit in my ears as well as I'd like. Our ears are all different, and even though they don't fall out (unless I'm running), they often feel like they might
    2. I wish they were available in other colors, especially black.
    3. Limited controls (such as no volume control and I have to choose between tap to pause or tap to activate Siri).
    4. 0 noise cancellation. I can hear too much ambient noise, even walking around a grocery store.
    5. Sound is ok (much better than earpods), but I wouldn't say it's $159 sound.

Pros
    1. Convenient b/c of small size and portability.
    2. Great Bluetooth. They always work, and the range is good.
    3. Sensors that know when I remove and insert them.

The "just works" and convenience parts outweigh the negatives for me. I'm looking forward to this technology getting even better. I don't think they're worth $159 if someone would have to stretch their money to afford them, but if you can afford them, I recommend the purchase.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-31-2017 02:28 PM
    I love my Airpods. Probably the best technological purchase I've made in years and Apples best product in recent memory. I honestly don't need volume controls because I've never controlled volume from my headphones even when I had the option. I never did much with controls on headphones honestly. So, for me, these are about as close to perfect as I can get. My ONLY complaint would be sound quality. If I could get these with greater noise cancellation and increased audio quality, I'd be golden.
    sandycrane and Matt Manahan like this.
    05-31-2017 02:36 PM

1. They don't fit in my ears as well as I'd like. Our ears are all different, and even though they don't fall out (unless I'm running), they often feel like they might
    3. Limited controls (such as no volume control and I have to choose between tap to pause or tap to activate Siri).
    4. 0 noise cancellation. I can hear too much ambient noise, even walking around a grocery store.

Pros

The "just works" and convenience parts outweigh the negatives for me. I'm looking forward to this technology getting even better. I don't think they're worth $159 if someone would have to stretch their money to afford them, but if you can afford them, I recommend the purchase.
    Oh okay, and thanks for the clarification...
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    05-31-2017 02:43 PM
    I love my Airpods. Probably the best technological purchase I've made in years and Apples best product in recent memory. I honestly don't need volume controls because I've never controlled volume from my headphones even when I had the option. I never did much with controls on headphones honestly. So, for me, these are about as close to perfect as I can get. My ONLY complaint would be sound quality. If I could get these with greater noise cancellation and increased audio quality, I'd be golden.
    This got me thinking, couldn't they create a wireless inline set of controls too? Using Siri to change the volume is so impractical.
    05-31-2017 04:19 PM
    This got me thinking, couldn't they create a wireless inline set of controls too? Using Siri to change the volume is so impractical.
    In another thread we discussed changes for the next gen. Some sort of control was common on the list!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    05-31-2017 08:14 PM

Pros

I agree with all that and just got mine yesterday, although i sold my Bose QC35 because of the noise cancellation especially on calls, AirPods i can just use 1 and the call quality is excellent and when walking my dogs i can hear traffic etc. the double tap to answer is great.
    I will get more value and all around use with these. Ease of use with my iMac/ipad/iphone is excellent. Have another pair of wired Bose if i want to block more noise.
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    06-06-2017 05:58 PM
    Got mine yesterday from Verizon Wireless online; 1st impressions were very favorable; albeit, because they were indoors in my apartment. Sound quality was impressive; (I'm used to Etymotic research ER 4PT's), which are the Gold standard of wired earbuds. Bass & treble were quite good; dynamic range was slightly inferior; probably due to blue tooth limitations. Once I ventured out to the streets of NYC, & the Subway, the results were not as favorable. Because the ER 4PT's, are like Volkswagen Beetles; (airtight, & soundproof), the noise from the train overtook the sound from the AirPods. Anyway, I'm going to give them a 10-14 day try, because that's when I'll have to return them. The convenience, & comfort of no cords, hopefully will outweigh my feelings toward sharing sounds with my ears. BTW: Amazon Music seems to work best, with AirPods; better overall dynamics; also the Studio Music Player Pro App, actually "syncs" the Airpods, or other devices you may be using; check it out!
    thedonp likes this.
    06-07-2017 02:02 PM
    Sound quality (streaming or phonecall - both end) - no complaint
    Connection - sometime switching between devices not as smooth as my expectation
    Battery - no complaint
    Wearable in long hours - no complaint

What I hope :
    1. Widget for the airpod menu rather than swipe up, swipe left and click airpod. I prefer swipe left 1-2 times and click. I know, not much different from control center, but for me it's more simple
    2. Some airpod connect menu on the call id screen when we received phonecall. Now, i can't switch the connection from mac to phone directly (if i got phone call). I have to pick up the call, swipe up, swipe left, click airpod, wait 3-5 seconds or more, before it got connected. Meanwhile on the other line confused and keep saying hello hello helloooo LOL
    3. Faster connection to "pair" would be nice
    Anilu7 likes this.
    06-07-2017 03:17 PM

Bask in the glory
    06-10-2017 06:55 PM
    Dayum!!
    thedonp likes this.
    06-11-2017 04:53 AM
    Dayum!!
    It's beautiful
    06-11-2017 10:17 AM
    AirPod update: Yesterday, after careful consideration, I returned them to Verizon Wireless
    The ambient noise in the NYC Subway, & streets, was just too much to endure
    I LOVE music; my ER 4PT's are superlative, & block out all ambient noise
    Hopefully, Apple will come up with a solution
    06-13-2017 11:26 AM
    AirPod update: Yesterday, after careful consideration, I returned them to Verizon Wireless
    The ambient noise in the NYC Subway, & streets, was just too much to endure
    I LOVE music; my ER 4PT's are superlative, & block out all ambient noise
    Hopefully, Apple will come up with a solution
    Sorry they didn't work out, but you made the right decision for you. Have you tried the BeatsX?
    06-13-2017 05:35 PM
    Got mine today. As the topic title reads, "everybody's already said it". So I'll just chime in with: "Great! I like them!" It's fortunate that my ears are average—instant comfort fit without fiddlng around.

I do wish the battery level showed on the device status bar like with my other BT headphones. There must be some technical reason why Apple couldn't include that feature when $15 BT sets have it.
    06-14-2017 07:09 PM
    Got mine today. As the topic title reads, "everybody's already said it". So I'll just chime in with: "Great! I like them!" It's fortunate that my ears are average—instant comfort fit without fiddlng around.

I do wish the battery level showed on the device status bar like with my other BT headphones. There must be some technical reason why Apple couldn't include that feature when $15 BT sets have it.
    Good point. Might be because there are 3 batteries to report (each individual AirPod plus the case)
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-15-2017 05:55 AM
    Good point. Might be because there are 3 batteries to report (each individual AirPod plus the case)
    I think it's fine if they skipped the battery case but you're right, the problem is probably that there are two AirPod batteries to monitor. They need to change it so that the status bar can display two little battery levels.
    06-15-2017 06:00 AM
    I think it's fine if they skipped the battery case but you're right, the problem is probably that there are two AirPod batteries to monitor. They need to change it so that the status bar can display two little battery levels.
    If you swipe down on Notification Center and over to the left, you'll see the battery status. Also if you're listening, open the case and the battery info for each AirPods and the case will display.
    Tinkernaught and Spencerdl like this.
    06-15-2017 06:06 AM
52 123