Everybody's already said it, but my $.02

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
A couple of the advantages over wired-behind-the-neck BT earbuds that were not immediately apparent when I got the AirPods:

A) When hiking, they don't get their wires caught by branches; they don't get flung away when I swat at insects like how my hand/fingers catch the wires with other types.

B) A single bud is totally usable in one ear for podcast and audiobook listening, nothing hanging, hardly visible, when I need to keep an ear open for phone calls or people walking in/asking for assistance at the Visitor Center where I volunteer. A quick double-tap pauses the audio.

They really are not what I would recommend for any noisy environment. It's not their forte. Other earbuds, particularly ones with active noise reduction, are far better choices. But for what they're designed to be good at—ease of use and interoperability with Apple devices especially—AirPods are peerless!

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have only had these for about a week but holy cow these are my favorite accessory now. They might be my favorite gadget. I have used BT buds for a few years and have been through several sets. These are the easiest pair I have ever used and the simple sophistication is fantastic.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
AirPod update: Yesterday, after careful consideration, I returned them to Verizon Wireless
The ambient noise in the NYC Subway, & streets, was just too much to endure
I LOVE music; my ER 4PT's are superlative, & block out all ambient noise
Hopefully, Apple will come up with a solution

Thanks for the input. I live in a large city as well and enjoy my Westones when I'm on the subway and buses. I hope that Apple will make them with the fitted rubber tips for more noise cancellation. I'll wait for the second gen to see if that's improved as lack of noise cancellation (active or passive) is a deal-breaker for me.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I live in a large city as well and enjoy my Westones when I'm on the subway and buses. I hope that Apple will make them with the fitted rubber tips for more noise cancellation. I'll wait for the second gen to see if that's improved as lack of noise cancellation (active or passive) is a deal-breaker for me.

Good decision. I love these AirPods but their noise cancellation is about zero. Which is actually fine for my situation—I want to be able to hear someone call out to me—but terrible for yours.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
Just tried on my AirPods and no discomfort at all. Really fit better than my EarPods. Thank god. I was worried they would cause my ears to ache just like the wired ones. No complaints from other users on the other when I talk and I have my windows down and my Camaros engine to deal with too. I hear them and they hear me

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just tried on my AirPods and no discomfort at all. Really fit better than my EarPods. Thank god. I was worried they would cause my ears to ache just like the wired ones. No complaints from other users on the other when I talk and I have my windows down and my Camaros engine to deal with too. I hear them and they hear me

That's great to hear, I have no complaints either.
Much better than the EarPods

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Have had 3 days now. Don’t hurt my ears. Stay in and sound is great. I put on and immediately work. Only paired when got them. Haven’t had to pair up again. They are impressive

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have had 3 days now. Don’t hurt my ears. Stay in and sound is great. I put on and immediately work. Only paired when got them. Haven’t had to pair up again. They are impressive

That’s great to hear!
I’ve used mine for a few months now, and they’re still fantastic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro