Everybody's already said it, but my $.02

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
AirPod update: Yesterday, after careful consideration, I returned them to Verizon Wireless
The ambient noise in the NYC Subway, & streets, was just too much to endure
I LOVE music; my ER 4PT's are superlative, & block out all ambient noise
Hopefully, Apple will come up with a solution

Sorry they didn't work out, but you made the right decision for you. Have you tried the BeatsX?

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Got mine today. As the topic title reads, "everybody's already said it". So I'll just chime in with: "Great! I like them!" It's fortunate that my ears are average—instant comfort fit without fiddlng around.

I do wish the battery level showed on the device status bar like with my other BT headphones. There must be some technical reason why Apple couldn't include that feature when $15 BT sets have it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. As the topic title reads, "everybody's already said it". So I'll just chime in with: "Great! I like them!" It's fortunate that my ears are average—instant comfort fit without fiddlng around.

I do wish the battery level showed on the device status bar like with my other BT headphones. There must be some technical reason why Apple couldn't include that feature when $15 BT sets have it.
Good point. Might be because there are 3 batteries to report (each individual AirPod plus the case)

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Good point. Might be because there are 3 batteries to report (each individual AirPod plus the case)

I think it's fine if they skipped the battery case but you're right, the problem is probably that there are two AirPod batteries to monitor. They need to change it so that the status bar can display two little battery levels.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's fine if they skipped the battery case but you're right, the problem is probably that there are two AirPod batteries to monitor. They need to change it so that the status bar can display two little battery levels.
If you swipe down on Notification Center and over to the left, you'll see the battery status. Also if you're listening, open the case and the battery info for each AirPods and the case will display.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
If you swipe down on Notification Center and over to the left, you'll see the battery status. Also if you're listening, open the case and the battery info for each AirPods and the case will display.

Thanks! After I added the Batteries Widget it showed up. That's helpful.

Opening the case doesn't bring up anything on my iPhone while playing a podcast. It did show up when I first paired it to my account, so I know what you're talking about, but it has never popped up since.

Edit: nevermind, after trying a few more times it started showing up again. There's a long delay sometimes and it needs to be right next to the iPhone, apparently, and sometimes it doesn't show up at all despite doing it correctly--repeatedly closing and opening eventually gets it working.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Opening the case doesn't bring up anything on my iPhone while playing a podcast. It did show up when I first paired it to my account, so I know what you're talking about, but it has never popped up since.

Edit: nevermind, after trying a few more times it started showing up again. There's a long delay sometimes and it needs to be right next to the iPhone, apparently, and sometimes it doesn't show up at all despite doing it correctly--repeatedly closing and opening eventually gets it working.

Yes, battery widget perform better and more convenient to use compare to control center

Recently, dunno why, the bluetooth connection dropped quite frequently (in handling phone call). I suspect the airpod slipped out sligthly from my ear. I need to put it out and put inside my ear again to let it reconnect (which is quite disturbing)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I’ll have to test it more throughout the day today. I do agree it’s hit or miss sometimes and won’t always register a quick open and close.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Yes, battery widget perform better and more convenient to use compare to control center

Recently, dunno why, the bluetooth connection dropped quite frequently (in handling phone call). I suspect the airpod slipped out sligthly from my ear. I need to put it out and put inside my ear again to let it reconnect (which is quite disturbing)

I wonder if the in-ear sensor gets clogged or something?

Overall I think AirPods need improvements, especially in the synchronization software. Perhaps iOS 11 and High Sierra will be better.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
The airpod should use pressure sensor, just tried to wrap the airpod speaker little tight with your fingers, you can see it will connected as if the airpod is inside our ear

The glossy piece would make it kind of slippery if our ear has sweat or oily ? :v

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I’ll have to test it more throughout the day today. I do agree it’s hit or miss sometimes and won’t always register a quick open and close.

For reference, I was testing it on my iPhone 6s+, iOS 10.3.2. The pop-up works intermittently. It still never comes up on my Mac mini (2014, latest MacOS Sierra) or iPad mini 4 (iOS 10.3.2). Automatic connection is also flakey on the latter two, especially the Mac with which I have problems getting to connect at all. AirPods will eventually show up on the volume control as an option and I have to select them there for connection.

... it seems they will connect/disconnect properly on my Mac after I've gotten them to connect once after a startup. Battery levels also show correctly in the volume control, including battery case if open.

cactuspete23

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
When bluetooth 5.x with enhanced audio comes out, we'll be able to get better than CD Quality sound through wireless earphones and speakers. This will be a game changer.. Expected within a year.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

For reference, I was testing it on my iPhone 6s+, iOS 10.3.2. The pop-up works intermittently. It still never comes up on my Mac mini (2014, latest MacOS Sierra) or iPad mini 4 (iOS 10.3.2). Automatic connection is also flakey on the latter two, especially the Mac with which I have problems getting to connect at all. AirPods will eventually show up on the volume control as an option and I have to select them there for connection.

... it seems they will connect/disconnect properly on my Mac after I've gotten them to connect once after a startup. Battery levels also show correctly in the volume control, including battery case if open.

Well that I agree with (auto connection). The pairing is automatic across your iCloud account, but I still have to select the AirPods in my bluetooth icon on my MBP or in Bluetooth on my iPad. With my phone, iPad and MBP all in the same area, how does it know what I want to connect to? I'm using my MBP now, with my phone here as well. I want it to stay connected to my phone, not my MBP.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Well that I agree with (auto connection). The pairing is automatic across your iCloud account, but I still have to select the AirPods in my bluetooth icon on my MBP or in Bluetooth on my iPad. With my phone, iPad and MBP all in the same area, how does it know what I want to connect to? I'm using my MBP now, with my phone here as well. I want it to stay connected to my phone, not my MBP.

Yeah, I see the problem when multiple devices on the same account are in range. Manual selection makes sense in that situation. But I was testing with Bluetooth disabled on every other device except one.

My $25 BT earbuds automatically connect to a single recognized device and if two are present they'll connect to the primary device that I designated in advance during setup. I was hoping the W1 chip would be smarter. :p

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Pairing will be automatic through icloud account

For the Mac devices to be connected (switch from other devices), need to select manually at the volume menu (just click on the speaker icon, wait for few seconds, airpod will show up, and can be selected). For ios devices , tp switch connection should be from swipe up control center menu or bluetooth setting (just choose which would be more convenient for you to use)

If all your devices (ios and mac) is present, and you put on the airpod inside your ear, it will be connected automatically to the last connected devices.

If the connection drop, just take out the earpiece and reinput inside your ear

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Just want to chime in that I've joined the club and now I'm a believer too...love them!! :love-struck:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pairing will be automatic through icloud account

For the Mac devices to be connected (switch from other devices), need to select manually at the volume menu (just click on the speaker icon, wait for few seconds, airpod will show up, and can be selected). For ios devices , tp switch connection should be from swipe up control center menu or bluetooth setting (just choose which would be more convenient for you to use)

If all your devices (ios and mac) is present, and you put on the airpod inside your ear, it will be connected automatically to the last connected devices.

If the connection drop, just take out the earpiece and reinput inside your ear

I understand how it works, was just a rhetorical question. I don't have a volume menu/speaker icon on my MBP, I just use the Bluetooth menu. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro