Find My AirPods Leaves A Bit To Be Desired

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I lost my AirPods. Somewhere in my house they hid out of eye sight. My first thought was to use the Find My AirPods feature and listen close. So I did just that...and nothing. No sound. No nothing.

I got a message saying "Sound Pending. Sound will play when AirPods pair to a connected device"

That kind of defeats the purpose for me. So it seems the intention is if you lose an individual AirPod outside of the case. If you lose the whole thing...you're out of luck. It'd be nice if they could figure out a way to:

1: Provide location tracking of the case in future hardware so we could locate the case similar to how we locate our other devices.

2: Allow sound to play from the AirPods while in the case so if it is misplaced I can listen for it even while they are in the case (and with a charge of course).

Hopefully AirPods 2.0 enable something like this. I try my best to keep a hold of them but sometimes they slip from my pocket and crawl between the couch cushions.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad you found them. That's good to know. I had not tried that feature yet. I appreciate being able to find a single AirPod but the odds are much greater of me misplacing the AirPods in the case.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
2: Allow sound to play from the AirPods while in the case so if it is misplaced I can listen for it even while they are in the case (and with a charge of course).

Hopefully AirPods 2.0 enable something like this. I try my best to keep a hold of them but sometimes they slip from my pocket and crawl between the couch cushions.

Will the closed lid not muffle what little sound the AirPods already make? They're quite hard to hear from a distance as is.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Will the closed lid not muffle what little sound the AirPods already make? They're quite hard to hear from a distance as is.

Some sort of high pitch noise would help in situations where they are missing in the same room. Wouldn't work in all situations obviously but some situations may find that helpful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro