Airpod Case Charging

Jonno74

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Today i just received my Airpods from Apple about a week ahead of schedule :) Anyway can someone please advise me on the Case as it does not seem to be charging.

I have charged the Airpods and they are at 100% but the case is stuck and saying it is at 66% and does not move, I have tried it in a mains plug with and without the Airpods inside and have left it in for at least 2 to 3 hours and nothing, still 66%

Is the case faulty or am i missing something ? should i plug direct into Mac or what ?

not even a day old and looks like a fault to me

please advise ASAP

Jon

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty case. I'd take it to Apple. Although they may not have stock to sell, they typically have some reserved for issues such as these.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd consider a trip to the local Apple Store if I were you.
Or leave it like that and see if it charges the AirPods and the battery level decreases of the case. Try charging the case again and see what happens.
If it still doesn't charge, then it's safe to assume you have a faulty set.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before heading off to the Store, try a reset using the following instructions.

How to reset your AirPods

For many, you can fix battery issues with AirPods by resetting them. Here's how:

Press and hold the setup button for at least 15 seconds until the status light starts flashing amber a few times and then flashes white.

Reconnect your AirPods to all your devices. (If you set up the double tap to pause function, you'll have to set that up again).
If you're still having problems, you may want to try fully draining both your case and AirPods before recharging: ... If, after both a reset and full drain/recharge, your battery issues aren't disappearing, we suggest contacting Apple Support.

Source: https://www.imore.com/having-battery-drain-problems-your-airpods-try

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I've never had an Apple product be faulty out of the box. I'd try the reset, plug them into iTunes or even drain it completely before taking it back.

Jonno74

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies :)

I think i may of solved the issue :) I tried a different Wall Charger and within 5 minutes it had jumped from 66% to 100%

I will keep you informed over next couple days

Jon

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I think i may of solved the issue :) I tried a different Wall Charger and within 5 minutes it had jumped from 66% to 100%

Jon

I had a wall brick go bad. My son's iPad wasn't charging and we figured the battery had failed (it's an iPad 2 so it's been around a long time). Changed the brick and it charged right up. Go figure.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Jon

Sounds like you got it worked out. Anytime something like that happens I try a different outlet, switching the cable and then charger. I have had something similar happen with a phone and it wasn't the phone, it was the charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2