Has anyone run into problems with the audio source automatically switching once you take a call with your AirPods ? Whenever someone calls and I double tap to answer sometimes the audio will be there or other times it just won't be and I'll be left with saying "hello, hello?" And then I need to pull my phone out and switch the source from my AirPods to "iPhone" back to my AirPods and it's fine. But I find this happens quite a bit with me
    04-26-2017 01:12 PM
    I recall it happening once since I've had my AirPods and I just dismissed it as a fluke, but if the problem is occurring frequently, try resetting your network settings.
    04-26-2017 01:37 PM
    Can't say I have, at least that I can recall. But there's a chance it did happen once but I chalked it up to the fact I had been using them between devices (iPhone and MBP). I'll pay more attention next time!
    04-30-2017 11:50 AM
    I recall it happening once since I've had my AirPods and I just dismissed it as a fluke, but if the problem is occurring frequently, try resetting your network settings.
    Yeah I tried that and it didn't work. So I'm not sure what's causing it. It was far worse on my beatsx
    05-04-2017 02:32 AM
    Can't say I have, at least that I can recall. But there's a chance it did happen once but I chalked it up to the fact I had been using them between devices (iPhone and MBP). I'll pay more attention next time!
    Yeah let me know. I know it's still happening to me.. I did talk to some Apple employees but they couldn't even tell if that was a hardware problem or a Bluetooth connection.
    05-04-2017 02:33 AM
    I have had it happen but only a couple times. If the phone is ringing and I take the AirPods out they didn't connect right away. If I'm on the call already and I put the AirPods in, the call transfers right away. No problems. If I have them in my ears already and the phone rings, it answers with sound in the AirPods. So for me the only issue is if I try to use the AirPods while the phone is ringing, but again that was only once or twice that I even had the issue doing that.
    05-04-2017 06:57 AM
    I haven't happen this to me, but then again, I don't get many calls when I have them in.
    I'll pay attention if and when I get a phone call while having the AirPods in.
    J-Cam93 likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:02 AM
    I have had it happen but only a couple times. If the phone is ringing and I take the AirPods out they didn't connect right away. If I'm on the call already and I put the AirPods in, the call transfers right away. No problems. If I have them in my ears already and the phone rings, it answers with sound in the AirPods. So for me the only issue is if I try to use the AirPods while the phone is ringing, but again that was only once or twice that I even had the issue doing that.
    Glad to hear it isn't affecting you as much as it has to me.

It's more of an annoyance having to pull out my phone mid call and switching sources for it to connect finally. Again it probably happens 1 time out of 3 calls. I don't talk too much on the phone but that's the average talk time I do most days. It's almost always happening when I take the call via my Watch. Maybe the handoff connection I dont know.
    05-06-2017 01:21 PM
    Glad to hear it isn't affecting you as much as it has to me.

It's more of an annoyance having to pull out my phone mid call and switching sources for it to connect finally. Again it probably happens 1 time out of 3 calls. I don't talk too much on the phone but that's the average talk time I do most days. It's almost always happening when I take the call via my Watch. Maybe the handoff connection I dont know.
    It definitely sounds like it's handoff related. I wish I had some better advice. I'll have to try to recreate that situation myself. I don't think I've answered with my watch and switched to AirPods. I'll have to try that.
    J-Cam93 likes this.
    05-06-2017 07:53 PM
    It definitely sounds like it's handoff related. I wish I had some better advice. I'll have to try to recreate that situation myself. I don't think I've answered with my watch and switched to AirPods. I'll have to try that.
    Most definitely.. when you get a call you have a AirPod symbol on your watch instead of a phone. So most likely is a handoff problem. If you can recreate the problem then let me know! If not then all is good
    05-06-2017 07:55 PM