4 months in, do you still enjoy your AirPods?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
When the AirPods came out I figured they were a waste of time to get. Then i decided to try them out and they are great for workouts especially outside. i have mine paired to 2 iPhones ad my iPad.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe with that air power mat possibly. I probably won't upgrade to them these do very well for what need to use them for. Same as the apple watch still have a first gen. Model does and handles what I need it for

It doesn't seem as there will be an update when the AirPower is released, Apple has already stated they are just going to release a "charging case." My guess is that maybe we'll see something this fall when new iPhones are released, at the soonest.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't seem as there will be an update when the AirPower is released, Apple has already stated they are just going to release a "charging case." My guess is that maybe we'll see something this fall when new iPhones are released, at the soonest.

I’m hoping for Early 2018.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I’m hoping for Early 2018.

Since the charging case is going to be released in early 2018, I'll be surprised if there is an AirPods upgrade. If they had an AirPods upgrade in the works, I think they'd just come out with the new version that comes with the new case, rather than introducing the case as separate AirPods option.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Since the charging case is going to be released in early 2018, I'll be surprised if there is an AirPods upgrade. If they had an AirPods upgrade in the works, I think they'd just come out with the new version that comes with the new case, rather than introducing the case as separate AirPods option.

Yeah, I do hope they’re working on an upgraded AirPods.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Wife must have gotten tired of me talking about them because I now have a set. I was a little skeptical but they fit well, stay in place, and are pretty comfortable (I have never used Apple headphones so I wasn't sure of the shape). To be perfectly honest I don't see all that much benefit compared to other Bluetooth headsets, and have had a couple instances where they didn't detect being in my ears and when I push play the sound came from my phone instead. I generally only listen with one pod in my ears at any time, so not having the other side hanging by a cable does make them more comfortable and less cumbersome in that regard, but they do look a little strange to me.

Battery life is good so far. With the way I listen (one pod at a time while listening to podcasts/music at work) I think with a full case charge I can get almost a full week before I need to charge again, but haven't been able to test that yet. I love how fast they charge in the case. Without that they would not work for me.

I will keep my other Bluetooth headphones (BludBuds X) for use in high noise environments (like mowing the grass) as the Airpods don't block enough external noise.

So far I am a happy customer. She bought them at Target with her Red Card so I think I have 2 months to return them if I don't like them, but I don't see that happening. She did say that Target also had a "repackaged" set (used) for $112, so if you think full price is too high, you might want to check your local store.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my AirPods early this year and I’m still in love. They couldn’t have been more perfectly designed and the W1 chip makes for such a seamless experience.

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I love mine, but of late they have become inconsistent. I use them to listen to books more than anything else, and they're 100% dependable, but for phone use -- which is absolutely necessary -- half the time they 'say' they're on airpods but I cannot hear the call at all.

I have to take them off and use the phone to speak/hear the caller. It is so frustrating -- I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to use them.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
How does they work with phone calls? Sound quality Ok in both ends? I always use Bluetooth headset at work but it's necessary for me that they work for voice calls and works good

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How does they work with phone calls? Sound quality Ok in both ends? I always use Bluetooth headset at work but it's necessary for me that they work for voice calls and works good

Because of the way the microphones on AirPods work, they’re much better than other Bluetooth headsets for calling.

Knows when you’re talking.
A voice accelerometer recognizes when you’re speaking and works with a pair of beamforming microphones to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
Source: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fairpods%2F&token=tROtXpYU

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I picked us my AirPods on February 10, 2017, and I still enjoy using them almost a full year later. In addition, I don’t have any regrets about buying them.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Far more than 4 months in - yes. For a while yesterday I thought I misplaced them. If that were the case I'd have replaced them instantly.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm about 9 months in now, and the microphone on my right airpod stopped working. Have to send it in for "service". At least I can still use the left one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73