4 months in, do you still enjoy your AirPods?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is not the case for me nor my wife. Turns out the EarPods fall out because of the cable. The EarPods hurt my wife's ears because she would have to push them in to keep them in. The AirPods just hang on the ear and stay in without falling out (even with my poorest of poor Wayne's world impersonations)

I was telling my boss about this as she was asking about mine yesterday. EarPods falling out... she has a pair of over the ear that she likes but they tend to be too tight on her head to be comfortable. She may be giving these a try!

nieuwiefan

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Have had them for less than a month, but the best thing I can say about them is since I got them no other buds or cans have been on my ears. Great extension of my iPhone. What I didn't expect to find is thaty relationship with Siri is much better now. Was worried about no controls, but there are ways around it. Tell Siri to "set volume at __%", or to play a album or song. I find the microphone quality to be great, and I even forget that they are in my ears.

jmbapple

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones who got them on launch day. I would say this is one of the most impressive pieces of tech that I have purchased in the last couple of years. I have used Jaybird X3 wireless and Bose sport wireless headphones in the past for working out and around the house. Since day one of having the AirPods I have used them and all other wired and wireless headphones I use have found their way to storage or have been passed along to friends and family. Sound quality is good for music, podcasts and calls. The AirPods stay in place for all workouts (weights, cardio, running, cycling, etc.) that I have done. I would love some additional tap gesture updates from Apple in the future. I always carry these with me!

anon(9721642)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had mine the whole 4 months but curious to see how everyone is still feeling about the AirPods since they've been out for a while.

I love mine (using them now) and definitely happy with my purchase!

They don't fit. They hurt after a while. Hard plastic in the ear doesn't make any sense to me. Can't fall asleep without a painful reminder they are in my ear. Designing something with hard plastic from the 'average' ear form is the same as one-size-fits-all underwear. The average person may indeed have something wearable, but neither end of the bell curve gets satisfaction.

I bought the spigen TEKA Airpods earhooks and they solved the fit-problem. The trouble is, they don't fit in the charge station, so they need to be put on and taken off. Doing that is not simple. Finally, since there's no where to store the TEKA Earhooks silicone fit-propers, one disappeared from my shirt pocket. Now I'm looking at $10 more to replace something I shouldn't have to buy.

Sound quality is very good when the airpods when they fit properly. Else they sound like $10 bubble gum machine prize earphones.

Its a massive fail from a company known for ergonomics and form-fit-and-function. Whomever stamped their feet to say 'folks will get used to it' should be forced to wear hard plastic underwear 2 sizes too small and 'get used to it'.

I own nearly everything apple ever made. Functionally - great. Just change the crazy notion that one-size hard plastic should be in your ear. Or change the charge pod and accommodate the market fixing apples poor mechanical design.

fredfx

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I love mine. And my wife REALLY loves hers. She has them on all the time.
It's getting to be a joke. More than once I thought she was ignoring me and she had them in her ears.
She WON'T do a chore without them. She's serious.

I wear mine all day at work.
I often gauge the success of a product by how bummed I'd be if I forgot them.
Well, I'm happy to say, if I left mine home I'd be VERY bummed.

I was a little concerned about the battery life. Well, I can keep mine going all day by just putting them back in the case every time I get up from my workstation. I typically get a full 10 hour workday with them only occasionally having to switch off to my wired headphones to recharge.

I think it's the best product Apple has come out with since the iPhone/iPad.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a massive fail from a company known for ergonomics and form-fit-and-function. Whomever stamped their feet to say 'folks will get used to it' should be forced to wear hard plastic underwear 2 sizes too small and 'get used to it'.

That's a bit of a stretch. There are many of us who find them quite comfortable. I use them in bed to listen to baseball games that go late, and sleep on my side. Best thing is when I turn over or move around, there isn't a cord getting caught in the covers :)

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
That's a bit of a stretch. There are many of us who find them quite comfortable. I use them in bed to listen to baseball games that go late, and sleep on my side. Best thing is when I turn over or move around, there isn't a cord getting caught in the covers :)

That is something that I do every night and right now I almost strangle myself with cords every night

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do they stay in your ears OK? I know the stock ones never stayed in my ears very well

Being that there isn't a cord weighing them down, they do tend to stay in the ear better than the EarPods, in my opinion. I would have preferred Apple included a Bose-like fin for, but the fit is sufficient for me.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my airpods. I wanted wireless EarPods for the longest so when Apple announced the airpods I was extremely happy. ONLY thing is I wish they were black. I'm a auto tech and black would've suited me better.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
You'll only get 5 but if you sleep for 7 you won't realize when they die anyways haha. Considering that they charge back up in 15 minutes I wouldn't think this is a big deal for most.
My wife keeps the TV on and once they die I am stuck listening to whatever she wants.