4 months in, do you still enjoy your AirPods?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Left side AirPod is perfect, but the Right one sounds a bit off.
Is this something other users have experienced?
Does anyone have a solution, or perhaps it's something that we can accommodate over time?
Thank you.

I was having a glitch with mine so I deleted them from my Bluetooth settings and re-paired. Seem to be working well now!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My Left side AirPod is perfect, but the Right one sounds a bit off.
Is this something other users have experienced?
Does anyone have a solution, or perhaps it's something that we can accommodate over time?
Thank you.

I remember reading of someone else having this problem. They called Apple and they overnighted the AirPod that needed replaced and then the person sent back the broken one.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I probably don't need to chime in here since I've said it so many times, but I will anyway. I love my AirPods. I use them every single day, multiple times during the day. I never used headphones that much prior to owning them. Mostly just for working out. Now I use them throughout the day and can't imagine not having them. Definitely worth every penny to me.

x3, actually just about the feelings of everyone in this thread...LOL

anon(4823818)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I actually got lucky and got a pair just a few weeks after the initial release. These are wonderful headphone on their own, but really shine if you have multiple Apple products. The quality is better then the stock headphones IMO. The battery lasts much longer than I anticipated, charging case is excellent, and outbound call quality is amazing. I have had occasional issues during phone calls of garbled audio, but that seems to have been improved lately.

Using them with an Apple TV is awesome, especially if you have kids and don't want them to wake up!

bradpdx

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for almost 3 months, use them every day. My (many) wired headphones are doing a lot of nothing lately.

I really like the way they work - it makes my other Bluetooth products feel like relics of a bygone era. The sound quality is terrific. They aren't snug in my ears, but they never fall out.

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I've had my AirPods for 3 months now and I can't say enough good things about them! I wear them just about everyday and they continue to be a solid product that we come to expect from Apple.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my AirPods for 3 months now and I can't say enough good things about them! I wear them just about everyday and they continue to be a solid product that we come to expect from Apple.

I've had mine since launch day, and love them as much as I did on day one. Still think they're the best BT headset for phone calls I've ever had. Consistently performs well, and with the exception of running, where I use my Powerbeats, I use them all day every day. I take them with me in the morning and don't take them out of my pocket until I'm done for the night. Listen to music with them pretty much all day, usually using just one, sometimes both. Use them on long and short plane flights for music/movies. I can easily say these are my favorite tech purchase in years and the one thing aside from my phone that I would never give up.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine since the first shipment in December 2016, I do love them with only one minor issue, connecting them between my iPhone and iPad/MacBook Pro is problematic. They don't appear to maintain dual connections like many other Bluetooth devices, so you need to manually open control center and tap, however 3/5 times this doesn't work (somewhat frustrating). I get a spinning grey circle in control center until it just doesn't work. I've tried un-pairing and resetting my Airpods a few times, following various instructions, sadly nothing helps.

Looking forward to a future update that makes this a little bit better.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my pods on April 5th(?) I believe is the date. I absolutely love using them on a daily basis for multiple functions...music, phone calls and Siri. They seriously are just so awesome. I'm very happy with the investment, I'm just wishing I got them when they were released!

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Do they stay in your ears OK? I know the stock ones never stayed in my ears very well

If the EarPods didn't stay that well in your ears then there's a good chance the AirPods will be the same. Maybe look at the Beats X they're a good alternative to the AirPods

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine are still used daily. I never thought taking the cord out of the equation would make using headphones so much more convenient.

Last edited:

steveriggins

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I have had my AirPods since December. As a user of Apple products since 1984 I can easily state that these are one of the most "Apple" products I have ever owned.

AirPods have increased my listening activity by 100 fold. I listen to many more podcasts because they are always charged and there are no wires to fumble with.

The case is one of the best aspects of this product. It draws the AirPods in to charge. It has the most brilliantly designed magnetic latch.

The w1 chip really improves connection and this works about 90% of the time. Sometimes it will reconnect to the phone from the Mac when I go from one to two AirPods in use.

I can walk anywhere in my two story house and never lose connection to the iPhone no matter where I leave it, or the Mac for that matter.

Taking one out to pause audio for a conversation and having it resume when I put it back in my ear is just magical. I know that's hyperbole, but that's how it feels.

The battery life is good for how small the batteries are. For conference calls on the Mac I get about 75 minutes. So what I do for longer calls is use the left one for an hour, then put the right one in, and put the left one back into the case. This AirSwap(TM) works great and lets me have near unlimited usage.

tl;dr I love these things

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Do they stay in your ears OK? I know the stock ones never stayed in my ears very well

The regular EarPods didn't stay in my ears well at all. The AirPods have never fallen out and I wear them for everything from sitting at my desk on the phone to running to lifting weights.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If the EarPods didn't stay that well in your ears then there's a good chance the AirPods will be the same. Maybe look at the Beats X they're a good alternative to the AirPods

That is not the case for me. The EarPods never stayed in well for me. The AirPods have never fallen out at all. You can compare the two in someways but I think the AirPods are a different experience. Just my view anyway.

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
That is not the case for me. The EarPods never stayed in well for me. The AirPods have never fallen out at all. You can compare the two in someways but I think the AirPods are a different experience. Just my view anyway.

I should have just said that everyone has all different ear canals/shapes. . Best to just go and try them out at a Apple Store if you are unsure

steveriggins

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
This is not the case for me nor my wife. Turns out the EarPods fall out because of the cable. The EarPods hurt my wife's ears because she would have to push them in to keep them in. The AirPods just hang on the ear and stay in without falling out (even with my poorest of poor Wayne's world impersonations)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I should have just said that everyone has all different ear canals/shapes. . Best to just go and try them out at a Apple Store if you are unsure

Very true. They definitely don't work for everyone. I was very surprised that they work so well for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77