When will I be able to grab of AirPods off a shelf at an Apple Store?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: When will I be able to grab of AirPods of a self at an Apple Store?

It appears that AirPods are still not being manufactured in large enough quantities for the demand; the last I saw, Apple still is estimating 6 weeks before delivery. My suggestion is to sign up to have isinstock to email you when they become available at a local store. When you get the email, quickly go to the Apple website and order a pair to pick up in store. While it isn't immediate, typically it has seemed like they become available within a couple of weeks.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting until I can walk into a store and buy to get a pair. I figure if I'm still interested at that time then it's meant to be.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

My wife has a pair and she loves them. She ordered them on the Apple site and had them shipped directly here instead of waiting for them to arrive in the store.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Check the Apple stores at 8am. They get shipments and at times there are AirPods on the truck. I was at an Apple Store last week and they got two of them in. They don't put them out though so ask to check.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a bunch of stores had them in stock today. I happened to be in my local store, just after noon, was looking on the shelves and they just happened to have AirPods there. I thought about buying another pair. Since several stores had them in stock today, there is a good chance other stores will be getting them in later this week, so you might want to check Isinstock this week, see if a store close to you gets them in stock.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting until I can walk into a store and buy to get a pair. I figure if I'm still interested at that time then it's meant to be.

They are easily the best purchase I've made in a LONG time. I wouldn't recommend waiting. You'll wonder what you were doing your whole life before owning them. Lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

They are easily the best purchase I've made in a LONG time. I wouldn't recommend waiting. You'll wonder what you were doing your whole life before owning them. Lol.

See! lol I'm just afraid of putting my Jaybird X3s to the side when I get the AirPods. Guess I could sell em.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes, for those on the fence, I suggest signing up on the isinstock website, so they email you when your local store gets them in stock. It seems to me that they show up in local stores, typically maybe 10 or so, about every 2 weeks. Much quicker, and almost as easy, as buying them online and waiting 6ish weeks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a bunch of stores had them in stock today. I happened to be in my local store, just after noon, was looking on the shelves and they just happened to have AirPods there. I thought about buying another pair. Since several stores had them in stock today, there is a good chance other stores will be getting them in later this week, so you might want to check Isinstock this week, see if a store close to you gets them in stock.

I'm in the DC metro area and still seeing 6/9 here.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the DC metro area and still seeing 6/9 here.

Yes, if you order them they will take 6 weeks. However, Apple randomly sends new AirPods out to new stores -- each store seems to get a few to sell every two weeks or so. This is what the isinstock website does, is keep track of when stores get AirPods in stock and, if you give them your email address, they'll send you an email when the AirPods are in stock there. They also show what stores currently have the AirPods and what stores had them in the last 24 hours -- currently it shows 94 stores had Airpods in stock in the last 24 hours, though none of them have them now.

So, if you sign up, they'll email you when AirPods are in stock at the store you selected. You can then, while they have a few AirPods to sell, go into the Apple Store app or website and buy a pair and they'll reserve them for you to go and pick up (and they will show they can be picked up same day); but this only works before the store sells out of the few boxes of AirPods they got -- once they sell out, you'll see the six week date again.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

My suggestion is to sign up to have isinstock to email you when they become available at a local store.

Exactly how I got mine. I received an email that AT&T's online store had some and snagged a pair.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you order them they will take 6 weeks. However, Apple randomly sends new AirPods out to new stores -- each store seems to get a few to sell every two weeks or so. This is what the isinstock website does, is keep track of when stores get AirPods in stock and, if you give them your email address, they'll send you an email when the AirPods are in stock there. They also show what stores currently have the AirPods and what stores had them in the last 24 hours -- currently it shows 94 stores had Airpods in stock in the last 24 hours, though none of them have them now.

So, if you sign up, they'll email you when AirPods are in stock at the store you selected. You can then, while they have a few AirPods to sell, go into the Apple Store app or website and buy a pair and they'll reserve them for you to go and pick up (and they will show they can be picked up same day); but this only works before the store sells out of the few boxes of AirPods they got -- once they sell out, you'll see the six week date again.

Ok, the post read (to me) like you can just walk in and get them off the shelf which isn't the case. I got mine through IsInStock as well.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the post read (to me) like you can just walk in and get them off the shelf which isn't the case. I got mine through IsInStock as well.

Actually, yesterday I could have, they were on the shelf in the store when I happened to be there. Of course, within an hour or two they had sold out again. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually, yesterday I could have, they were on the shelf in the store when I happened to be there. Of course, within an hour or two they had sold out again. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Sure, no worries. :) In this area all stores are still showing early June. Best to just use IsInStock and order when you get the alert. Then they're yours!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

That is what I am going to do. Exactly

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro