GaryYakstis

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I just received my new Apple Air Pods. They are very quirky. They are hard to get out of their little dental floss case, the magnet holds them in there so tight and I find myself scraping to release them from its grip. I am sad to say that they are not smart head phones and do not announce who phone calls are from like my Plantronics ear piece does. In the one week since I have had the air pods they have already dropped three phone calls in the middle of the call for no apparent reason. Then yesterday when I put them in my ears they literally activated my phone and placed a phone call with out my even touching my iPhone. Like I said very quirky.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
To take mine out, I pinch from the speaker to the back of the AirPods.

For the other stuff:
  • I have never had them drop a call (since the call is in the phone, not the AirPods). Was it just the AirPods losing connection to the phone or did the phone call actually drop from the phone as well?
  • Is it possible Siri activated the call? there's no way the AirPods can make a call without touching the phone or without Siri
  • For announcing calls, go to Settings > Phone > Announce Calls and check your settings there
I believe you're having issues with them somehow, but think there may be more to it than the AirPods. :)

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm very sorry to hear this.

I have had them since day 1 and have yet to experience such issues.

To have your phone announce who is calling, go to Settings > Phone > Announce and set it accordingly to your wishes.
To get the AirPods of their case, simply hold them where the speaker part is, you will have more grip there.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I just received my new Apple Air Pods. They are very quirky. They are hard to get out of their little dental floss case, the magnet holds them in there so tight and I find myself scraping to release them from its grip. I am sad to say that they are not smart head phones and do not announce who phone calls are from like my Plantronics ear piece does. In the one week since I have had the air pods they have already dropped three phone calls in the middle of the call for no apparent reason. Then yesterday when I put them in my ears they literally activated my phone and placed a phone call with out my even touching my iPhone. Like I said very quirky.

Your experience is definitely not the norm. I take them in and out of the case a half dozen times a day without any issues.

Go to settings>phone and change announce calls to "headphones only" and it will announce the caller through the AirPods when you're using them.

The AirPods would not drop calls. That would be your phone. Unless you mean the call suddenly switched back to the phone. Either way I have not heard of any issues like that.

I have never had them activate my phone and place a call on their own. That sounds odd. You may have accidentally double tapped the AirPod and activated Siri but that's the only thing I can think of.

I am not sure what is going on but if all these things are happening to you and these solutions don't work then take them back. Like anything else, they are not for everyone.

GaryYakstis

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Thank you to all of you that responded.
I was able to correct the answer/announcefeature in my iPhone settings. So thanks for the info. I do love the AirPods, but they are hard to release from their denial floss case, some form of eject feature would have been nice. But I will happily deal with that and enjoy their functionality.
Thanks again

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Glad you got the issues worked out. I do agree about getting them out of the case though. Maybe some type of lifter when you open the lid to make them easier to grab would be a good Apple improvement on them ??????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro