Battery life dependent on use (phone calls or music)?

narcosis109

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone seeing a difference in battery life depending on what you're using your AirPods for?

When I listen to music, I seem to be getting the expected battery life.

However, when I'm on a phone call, I'm seeing a 40% drop each hour - e.g. 60% battery life remaining after a 1 hours call, 20% battery life remaining after a 2 hour call.

Could the battery life be dependent on the use?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
No I've not seen this, but haven't looked that closely as I typically return the AirPods to the case frequently and out of habit now. I also normally use one pod at a time for calls.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
they are dependent on usage. You get much less time when on a call. The microphones are not being used when listening it audio, unless you use the Siri double tap.

Superspick93

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I thought it was estimated on Apple's own website that you get 5 hour listening time on music and podcast and 2 on Phone Calls. In my testings that seems to be accurate

narcosis109

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I thought it was estimated on Apple's own website that you get 5 hour listening time on music and podcast and 2 on Phone Calls. In my testings that seems to be accurate

Superspick93 is correct - as per the Apple specs:

"AirPods (single charge): Up to 5 hours listening time,(2) Up to 2 hours talk time(5)"

Thanks for doing the research to clear it up. I should have just done that in the first place.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
they are dependent on usage. You get much less time when on a call. The microphones are not being used when listening it audio, unless you use the Siri double tap.

This.

I used mine a lot on Tuesday for phone calls and they went down fairly quickly, with the right going faster than the left. Heard an alert sound in the AirPods that let me know it was at 10%.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner