Future Tap Controls

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Do the Airpods have the potential for more tap controls in future software updates? Or is it kind of limited to what we have now?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Do the Airpods have the potential for more tap controls in future software updates? Or is it kind of limited to what we have now?

Great question. I'd love to see some sort of volume control. I'm guessing that if it was possible in this hardware, we would have it already.

I've adjusted to using my Apple Watch to adjust volume for now, but if you don't have a Watch then you are stuck with Siri or the iPhone to adjust. I'm a little surprised by that, but it's what we have.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the next model Airpods will have a touch sensitive strip down each one that you could slide up and down to adjust volume on.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
They absolutely have the potential for additional functions via taps and software changes. They could do one tap for play/pause, two taps for Siri, then three Up and four down volume.

That is all software based so all they need is an update to make the changes.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They absolutely have the potential for additional functions via taps and software changes. They could do one tap for play/pause, two taps for Siri, then three Up and four down volume.

That is all software based so all they need is an update to make the changes.

They already have it with EarPods (volume, skip/repeat) by sharing a button so hopefully they figure out a way to make it work

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods