Do AirPods make you look stupid?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I still don't care what people think but had a funny experience this week.

I'm an IT director for a firm with retail stores. I was doing work in a different city where evidently not many have seen these things. A few times I realized the strange looks were those white things and reactions to not realizing who I was talking to or at one point one AirPod in an ear with vendor support while conferencing on a phone or computer at same time.

I'm still really firm on just buy these and don't care what people think. My right ear's had one drop out a few times but that's not a problem that detracts from the overall greatness.

With time I'm sure the reactions I've had will go away.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Genuine question - did Apple actually launch the earpods? I have never seen anyone using them.

It’s AirPods, and yes, I’ve seen them a few times on others.
Here is mine in public:
a89313cfba2dbb1db8a7e556bbea17dc.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Are we referring to the AirPods or the face...because that face is a different story (only kidding)....LOL

Dude, Take it back or I’ll go full Liam Neeson on you
I know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for trouble, I can tell you I can cause plenty. And what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you recant now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will tickle you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for trouble, I can tell you I can cause plenty. And what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you recant now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will tickle you.

LMBO!!!.....I recant now!!!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
My running group regularly makes fun of me with my AirPods but I don't care because I personally love them. It's so freeing to run with just my AirPods and Apple Watch :biggrin:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That is downright awesome!....(laughing)

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I saw a guy driving today, with a pair on. I had to do a double take as these are the FIRST I've seen. They looked weird. But, again, first time I've seen them...

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
lol apologies on the silly question, but having spent a week in Vegas for CES it's actually somewhat a serious one. I saw a number of folks wearing AirPods on the show floor, and more than once (multiple times really) I had friends and colleagues comment to the effect of 'man, do those ever look stupid'.

What say you? Do you think wearing AirPods makes you look... you know, silly? Or do you think they look hot? Or better yet, do you even care?

I think they just look great! When I am on a public place, i notice that some people would stare on my airpods. (Maybe they are wondering if its a hearing aid or something haha). Especially when your talking to someone via airpods, it really does capture attention. But with its looks and design, it actually looks nice.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I think they just look great! When I am on a public place, i notice that some people would stare on my airpods. (Maybe they are wondering if its a hearing aid or something haha). Especially when your talking to someone via airpods, it really does capture attention. But with its looks and design, it actually looks nice.

In my opinion the saggy ear cigarette look is not good. If you combine it with the "ranting to yourself" appearance of hands-free phone use, it may lead to embarrassment and invention by mental health professionals.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro