Do AirPods make you look stupid?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think it's an eye catcher rather than a humongous, ugly piece of plastic hanging out your ears.
I've had several people pointing at them and wondering if it was the Apple AirPods. It's a nice icebreaker also, but no, not an ugly, making-you-look-stupid thing.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's an eye catcher rather than a humongous, ugly piece of plastic hanging out your ears.
I've had several people pointing at them and wondering if it was the Apple AirPods. It's a nice icebreaker also, but no, not an ugly, making-you-look-stupid thing.

they're more discrete than big cans on your ears, that's for sure!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, they looked silly when I first saw them. However, being that  released them, I imagine they'll catch on rather quickly.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Code for, "they help me get chicks". I understand, I understand. :cool:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Figured I'd chime in here again after having mine through the weekend and post a few things I'd heard while at the mall.

Random girl in the mall: "Oh my god look! He's got Ear Pods" (I chose not to correct her or even look in her direction honestly. My son rolled his eyes)

Employee at Cold Stone Creamery: "Dude! Those are sweet! What are those??" (My son...again...rolled his eyes even harder)

Thus far I don't feel stupid nor do I think they make me look stupid. They apparently stand out. More-so than I had anticipated they would.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yup, people react mainly enthusiastic about them.
Some asking if it's those AirPods, some call it the 'new Apple thingies', some ask for the price.
But, in all the time I've had them, since day one, I've never seen anybody pointing at them with some kind of gawking or dismissively rolling their eyes.

Do people say they look stupid? Yes, certainly, but those are the Android fanboys anyway, which I never take serious.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i used to think they look a little goofy before getting them. but i was lucky enough to pick up a pair from my local  store today!! but now i think they make me look cool! i just think theyre unique and sleek!

radklin

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
i used to think they look a little goofy before getting them. but i was lucky enough to pick up a pair from my local  store today!! but now i think they make me look cool! i just think theyre unique and sleek!

Well good then. I like that better.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
When I saw them for the first time at the conference I thought they looked ridiculous. I couldn't imagine walking around with them in my ears. As time went on and they were delayed, I kept thinking about the day to day use I would get from them. I finally picked up a pair from my local Apple Store yesterday. They fit great, don't fallout, are super comfortable and the sound is pretty good. The case is very well designed as are the AirPods. They look the way they do for a reason. Contrary to what I thought initially, Apple put a ton of thought into these. I will be getting a lot of use out of them all while not caring what anyone thinks.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm an early adopter of new technology by any means, but on occasion I have purchased new technology at the start. With that said, I do remember criticizing the Apple iPhone for not having a keyboard when I was using a Blackberry device, I do remember criticizing white earbuds when black earbuds was all to common, I remember being critical of people having a Bluetooth earpiece sticking out from their ear when they can just put the phone to their ear...so on and so on...laughing at myself while typing this, I ended up using most of the technology that I once laughed at.
Now for the original question, it's been my experience that new technology often looks strange at first. Do they make me look stupid?...nope, just different .
I'm totally enjoying my Apple AirPods.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner