Delivery of Airpods

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My January order arrived today. So far so good. They don't sound appreciably better than the corded Apple units but they sure are nice for a walk, work and home chores. I'll test them on a run tomorrow.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
faac2d36cf0d148d4c0103bc894161aa.jpg

BAM!

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
My January order arrived today. So far so good. They don't sound appreciably better than the corded Apple units but they sure are nice for a walk, work and home chores. I'll test them on a run tomorrow.

They should sound better as they break in. I thought they sounded the same or a bit worse than the corded ones when I first got mine. Now though there is a noticeable difference with the Airpods sounding clearer and with better bass. I read on an audiophile website once to play pink noise through your headphones at a higher volume for a few hrs(not while listening obviously) to break them in real well.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They should sound better as they break in. I thought they sounded the same or a bit worse than the corded ones when I first got mine. Now though there is a noticeable difference with the Airpods sounding clearer and with better bass. I read on an audiophile website once to play pink noise through your headphones at a higher volume for a few hrs(not while listening obviously) to break them in real well.

Humm, that was not my experience at all. My Apple AirPods sounded much better than the Apple Earbuds right out of the box.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I got them! Been looking on line for about 2 months seeing the date keeping getting longer for delivery, but I never ordered them. I figured 6 weeks was too long to wait. Also I wasn't that excited about them. Today I was looking at the app and then I seen the Apple Store closest to me had them in stock. I called and bought them. Went about a couple of hours ago and picked them up. Haven't use them yet. Hope they are worth the trouble especially with my wife mad about another apple product bought.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
First full day of use. No WOW factor. Twice they fell out of my ear onto the sidewalk. Only been using the right one. If that one breaks I still have the other one. Can't tell if there's scratches or nicks on it. Hope I didn't waste my money like I did on the Apple Pencil. At least the AirPods are being used.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
First full day of use. No WOW factor. Twice they fell out of my ear onto the sidewalk. Only been using the right one. If that one breaks I still have the other one. Can't tell if there's scratches or nicks on it. Hope I didn't waste my money like I did on the Apple Pencil. At least the AirPods are being used.

Unfortunately, if they are falling out of your ears they may not be for you. I've been using for a month and used them for just about every activity and they have not fallen out one time.

If i had your experience, they would be going back to the Apple Store.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I still have about a week to see what's going on. If I don't move that much, like if I'm driving than their okay. Getting out of the truck they were loose and it fell and it the pavement. Might have to take your advice and return them before I cant because of scratches or nicks.

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well, I returned them Saturday. I expected to be grilled on why and buy something else, but I wasn't. Said it'll take 3-5 business days for my money to come into my account.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I returned them Saturday. I expected to be grilled on why and buy something else, but I wasn't. Said it'll take 3-5 business days for my money to come into my account.

Sounds like you made the right choice for you. Sorry it didn't work out but glad they didn't give you a hard time. I've never returned anything to the Apple Store and always expected to be grilled if I did. It's good to know that it didn't happen to you.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I think it depends on who you talk to. Sometimes when you go there you can't get nothing done. This time it was done right away with no hassle.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

What "wow factor" were you expecting?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't know. Only use the EarPods on occasion. I guess I was thinking their from Apple, wireless, and you know. Well for me I guess there is no wow factor. Returned them and now just waiting for my money to be put back in my account.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What "wow factor" were you expecting?

The "wow factor" for me was the fact that I actually really like them. Lol. I was ready to find that my suspicions were correct and they were overpriced, ugly and easy to lose. I was wrong on all three accounts. Wow!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. Only use the EarPods on occasion. I guess I was thinking their from Apple, wireless, and you know. Well for me I guess there is no wow factor. Returned them and now just waiting for my money to be put back in my account.

Wow factors for me:
Wireless
Charge in the case
Pause when you take one out
W1 chip/pairing with all devices on iCloud

Audio quality is on par with what I expected as an avid earpod user

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you are having issues with them staying in your ears, you should try some cheap foam earbud covers. It adds to the grip and makes them stay in better for those that are having issues.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you but they wouldn't stay in my ear and when I was using them they would hurt. That's really why I took them back.

You definitely had good reasons to take them back. They are not going to work for everyone. Apple knows this too. It's impossible to fit every ear with this style.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73